- Salary Offer 6 A
- Address Paktika Province
- Years of Experience At least 3 years’ experience working with NGOs in emergency response is necessary
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Fixed Term (7 months)
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 745
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education University graduate in Economic, Development or any other related field.
- close Date February 2, 2023
About Concern Worldwide- Afghanistan:
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Currently, Concern has been working in Afghanistan since 1998, when it responded to an earthquake disaster in Takhar province. Currently Concern has been working in Takhar and Badakhshan provinces undertaking both emergency response and long term developmental work in the areas of livelihood security, primary education and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
Main Activities and Responsibilities :
- Oversee and coordinate Concern activities at Paktika provinces under AHF/FSAC 3 RA project.
- Responsible for overall project implementation in the field and managing the field team on their daily activity work and report to the AHF PM.
- Lead the team of Community Development facilitators and ensure a team environment workplace, manage and coordinate over all services provided to the beneficiaries.
- Mobilize and collaborate with local government and community leaders to identify the eligible program participants based on the agreed criteria.
- Attend and represent Concern at community, district and provincial level forums when necessary and ensure district and provincial level coordination is obtained with all the stake holders including the district governor, DoRR and ANDMA.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits to ensure quality and timely implementation.
- Information management (including collecting and disseminating data appropriately).
- Advocating for or providing key services in gap areas.
- Monitoring the service delivery in accordance to agreed standards.
- Set up committees in all the sectors, and make sure that equal access is made for men/women, boys/girls and disables.
- Organize and execute, and\or oversee the follow-up of the recording of the AHF project beneficiary; update the data of the beneficiary disaggregated by sex.
- Assist in any monitoring and evaluation activities as required.
- Evaluate the environmental impact of the AHF project: assess the negative impacts on environment as well as activities which could prevent or reduce such impacts.
- All the main technical skills / requirements relative to the management of the project
- Oversee the security; inform the staff at shelter project location and management on any development at the area.
- Effectively utilize and manage the AHF project budget.
- Ensure following activities are done in high standard and in accordance to project commitment
- Provision of Cash/Voucher for winterization for landslide and flood affected households.
- Provision of cash/voucher (Potential) for rental for landslide and flood affected households
- Any other related duties as assigned by the line Manager.
CHS & Emergency:
- Concern is committed to the Common Humanitarian Standards (CHS) to ensure accountability to all stakeholders. Concern activities guided by CHS in all stages both emergency and development projects /programs. In Afghanistan, we have an Accountability framework and therefore any Afghanistan employees are responsible to comply with CHS principles and benchmarks. To give your full support in relation to emergencies when occurring in any area that Concern
- Afghanistan will give your full support in relation to emergencies when occurring in any area that Concern Afghanistan will respond
Qualification & Experience:
- University graduate in Economic, Development or any other related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with NGOs in emergency response is necessary.
- At least one-year experience in the areas of AHF project on a managerial role.
- Previous experience of cash and voucher programs.
- Knowledge of English and Computer
Applications should be written in English and demonstrate the applicants suitability for the job. A current Curriculum Vita and three referee’s reports should be included in the application. In the first instance applications should be submitted to Concern World Wide- Afghanistan offices in Taloqan marked to the attention of the Human Resources Department. And / or to any other field offices of Concern in Faizabad, Yawan, Kunduz and Kabul (Shari now ,5th Street House 1117 Qala – e – Fatullah) or through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line must be: (# 745 /2023- Project Officer) or your application may not be considered.
Closing Date: 2 Feb 2023