- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 2 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 9 month(s)
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 0012/MAPWO/BG-Project-Officer
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- close Date November 27, 2022
About The Move Against Poverty of Women Organization – MAPWO:
Move Against Poverty of Women Organization (MAPWO) is a not-for-profit, non-political, and non-governmental humanitarian organization. MAPWO was established in 2016 to work alongside other national and international partners for provision of education, health, and other social services aiming to reach the most unreached and highly underserved pockets of the society and women empowerment focusing on alleviating the sufferings of the most vulnerable groups of the society in different community structures such as rural, urban, IDPs, returnees, etc. Since its establishment, MAPWO has worked hard to implement projects that ensure people’s access to quality and equitable education and health and other basic life services with focus on vulnerable group of society (women and girls).
The Project Officer shall be responsible for the implementation of the project in Wardak & Ghazni provinces. The position holder will ensure that all activities are implemented according to the project work plan and to ensure effective record keeping of all project activities by team members. She/he will manage the projects at the provincial level through Field Staffs in Wardak & Ghazni Provinces and shall support the Program Manager and the project team members in Kabul office to conduct monitoring and evaluation of the project activities. She/he shall play a pivotal role in writing periodic reports for the donor on the progress of the project. The Project Officer will also prepare a monthly plan of his/her activities that will clearly lay out what he/she wishes to implement in the following month. She/ he will assess potential risk, present and apply mitigation plans and report on timely manner to make sure project progress is not affected.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Project Management and Coordination:
1. Project Management: Lead the management and implementation of child protection activities in Wardak & Ghazni Provinces according to work plan. Ensure the success of the project meeting its objectives, outcomes and aims as set out in the project proposal.
2. Training and Team management: Supervise and support a team of community mobilisers and provincial staff; prepare weekly and monthly work-plans and report on their activities; and ensure the project team is in regular coordination and communication with all project stakeholders. Follow up with team members on staff progression and support team members with professional development.
3. Financial Management: Oversee project budget and financial monitoring; coordinate with MAPWO Head Office Finance Manager.
4. Monitoring and Evaluation: Plan and supervise the M&E activities in Wardak & Ghazni and ensure the monitoring and evaluation activities lead to accountability and learning towards the project log-frame and indicators.
5. Based on the review of M&E data the Provincial coordinator lead should be able to provide inputs on adapting the project implementation plan so as to meet project goals.
6. Donor Reporting: Manage internal reporting deadlines acting as the link between Donor and MAPWO Head Office Program Manager; review the success and challenges of the projects; and report to donor any challenges faced in in achieving the project’s expected results.
7. Relationship Management: maintain existing positive working relationships with relevant authorities in Wardak & Ghazni Provinces, including stakeholders; international donors; and NGOs and local civil society.
Knowledge Management and Representation
8. Actively participate as a MAPWO Representative at relevant monthly meetings, including the Working Groups at all levels.
9. Develop appropriate materials and tools in order to promote knowledge among project team
10. Develop the quality of the programme e.g., monitoring and supervision of the project and other human rights activities.
11. Ensure quality of the project through regular field visits, technical follow ups and evaluations.
12. Analyze the data and share analytical reports/recommendations with MAPWO Head Office on improving qualitative aspects of the projects.
13. Liaise and collaborate with local authorities and community stakeholders
14. Coordinate with Program Manager on project design, strategies and monitoring and evaluation approaches.
Knowledge and full compliance of activities with government laws, policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Participate in field assessments, as appropriate, and provide feedback information to MAPWO Main Office.
15. Attend the periodic staff meetings with MAPWO team and share learning across the organization.
Carry out duties entrusted to him/her impartially and in accordance with the best professional practices.
16. Maintain complete independence in relation to all individuals, organizations and government bodies.
17. To observe strict neutrality with regard to views and opinions, particularly in the field of politics, religion and ethnicity.
18. To respect all laws and regulations in force in Afghanistan.
19. To respect all confidential information and not use it for personal profit or for the profit of a third party while executing the present contract.
20. To report any fraud, abuse, safeguarding or protection incident (directly or indirectly related to project implementation) to the Management spontaneously IN WRITING.
21. To assist in any other areas as identified by the Program Manager.
EDUCATION: Bachelor Degree in education management, Project management, Business or public administration or any other relevant field (Master Degree will be preferred)
5 years’ experience with a bachelor degree, 7 years of professional experience with a Master degree in Education projects management, Project Coordination, M&E, Educational Operation
Good Coordination and Communication Skills
Excellent time and resources management skills
Commitment to MAPWO rule and procedure
Good Delegation, Prioritization and Problem-Solving skills
Excellent follow up skills
Great Knowledge of Literacy/ Education Programs
Able to handle pressure and workload
Great understanding of government laws, procedure and bureaucracy
LANGUAGES: Fluency in spoken and written English is required, Dari and Pashto languages are also a must.
GEOGRAPHY Based in Kabul with regular travels to Wardak and Ghazni provinces.
Supervision: The Project Officer will be supervised by the Program Manager.
Afghanistan, Kabul, Wardak, Ghazni
Please send your up-to-date CV with covering letter telling us why you are applying and how you met the required competencies before the closing date. Interested Afghan Nationals should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the subject line the title of the position and Vacancy Announcement Number e.g. (Project Officer) Vacancy Number: 0012/MAPWO/BG-Project-Officer to:
Well qualified female candidates will be given preference.