- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 2 - 3 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 1 year(s)
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 1538
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- close Date November 27, 2022
Lapis is a leading media, education, research, project management and strategic communications company, operating throughout the Middle East, Northern Africa, South and Central Asia. Lapis supports local and global efforts to bring about positive change in frontier markets and challenging environments. From delivering education projects to strategic communications and project design, for nearly two decades Lapis’ work has framed how individuals, communities and nations see their world. We employ an unparalleled understanding of complex media and sociopolitical environments. We stay on the forefront of changes in audiences’ media and technology consumption, and combine this systems-level knowledge with our on-ground expertise to tailor carefully analyzed and creatively engaging products. Our clients include governments, foundations, international organizations, and the private sector.
We seek exceptional candidates for Project Officer role who have the passion, intellectual acuity, and business acumen to help with implementation of our projects. Project Officer will be responsible for day-to-day coordination of the tasks and deliverables with different project stakeholders. He/She will also prepare briefs and updates on the project’s progress and will report directly to the project manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Project Officer’s primary focus is completion of day-to-day tasks assigned to them by the project managers based on the projects’ scope of work. The assignments of project officer will vary over time, in line with changes and demands of the projects/programs and the funding.
This role will be mainly to support the program management team including the project managers, program director and the rest of the team on day to day business of the projects. Being responsible for one or several components of a project at a time, the officer plays a key role, and works very closely with the project management team.
The Project Officer’s key duties will be to:
• Be responsible for day-to-day coordination of the assigned tasks and responsibilities, financial management and interface with partners and stakeholders
• Work closely with program managers to manage program implementation
• Develop robust, well-designed reports and briefing notes with the highest quality
• Develop strong knowledge of in-country context and keep updated on current issues, as well as of Lapis’ key programmatic themes and priorities
• Take part in all aspects of program delivery with a focus on the integration of core Lapis verticals; research, strategy and planning, creative, production, media and M&E
• Help with the tasks related to budgeting, cash flows and compliance
• Ensure relevant quality assurance processes are completed so that programs are running effectively and on time
• Help with monitoring of risks and issues developments within the portfolio sub-set
• Help with internal processes and procedures
• Help with developing KPIs and other data related to program and funding management
• Maintain an intimate working knowledge of potential partner network, from local civil society organizations, education organizations, broadcasters, and production houses
• 2-3 years of relevant experience
• Commitment to and passion for positive change
• Extensive experience in project coordination
• Presentation abilities and excellent written/oral communications
• Understanding of the social and media landscape
• Ability to engage with clients and establish, deepen, and grow relationships with colleagues from different organisations, functions, and cultures
• Ability to identify and implement effective processes for achieving outcomes
• A high degree of flexibility and adaptability to respond to changing needs and effectively address issue
• Attention for detail and ability to effectively manage a high volume of data and information
Please submit your resume as a PDF document only, and ensure that the document title includes your first and last name as well as the position for which you are applying.