- Salary Offer As per Organization salary scale
- Address Nangrahar with travels to Provinces (Laghman, Kunar, Nuristan)
- Years of Experience At least 8 years experiences (for bachelor degree) or 4 years’ experience (for master degree) in a senior level project management position or in project manager position with international organizations
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 12 Months with possible extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference SSDA-HR-ER-001
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Master Degree in Project management, Social Sciences, Economics, or relevant field
- close Date September 30, 2022
SSDA is non-profit, non-governmental organization, formally registered under relevant statutory laws of Afghanistan in 2007. SSDA values in diversity and inclusion of everyone in its intervention and believes in participatory and right-based approach, where the rights of population are respected and promoted.
SSDA have been found to contribute to sustainable development in WASH, education, agriculture, poultry, health and development through applying innovative and appropriate approaches i.e. Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS), School Led Total Sanitation (SLTS), QPAs and PRAs.
Job Summary: The project manager will be responsible for the overall management including planning, implementation and oversight of the project “CLTS and Hygiene Promotion” funded by UN. He is also responsible for the effective co-ordination with UN, the project staff and SSDA’s all support staff to ensure effective planning and implementation of the project including oversight and management of any risks and issues arising. He will report the progress of the project to the MD of SSDA, and will share progress report with the UNICEF eastern region. On behalf of SSDA, he will participate in the relevant clusters/stakeholder’s meetings and provide updates on the current project, and his inputs in planning and designing WASH interventions if any coming in future.
- Planning, Implementation and Oversight:
- Ensures and oversees the implementation of the project activities as per the developed project work plan and log frame
- Proactively monitors the progress against the work plan and the set indicators in the log frame, resolves issues and initiates appropriate corrective action when and where needed
- Coordinates with the assigned staff for planning and organizing trainings for the WASH/CLTS
- Coordinate with relevant project stakeholders and authorities to identify the eligible trainees to be targeted in the project
- Facilitate the capacity building program to all project team in the areas project planning, monitoring, assessment, beneficiaries’ selection, verification, team building, monitoring and evaluation and reporting.
- Responsible for providing technical and implementation support and guidance to field-based staff in effective implementation of the project
- Responsible for providing instructions on work plans, expenses/procurement, reporting, etc., in close coordination and collaboration with the sub-office management teams in Districts of Nangarhar, Laghman, Kunar & Nooristan.
- Tracks the project work plan to ensure the project activities are being accomplished in line with the project work plan and project staff are the right path to contribute to attaining the project goal effectively and efficiently.
- Ensures that the appointed staff are on board timely and are well prepared to train the appointed trainee; all the data collection tools are prepared, reviewed and approved by the steering committee and translated into local languages
- Any other job related tasks as may be properly assigned
- Coordination and Liaison:
- Serves as a focal person to deal with all the required communication and correspondences, arrangement of meetings with UNICEF Regional office.
- Participates in all coordination meetings and forums stated above and contributes good inputs
- Ensures the steering committee is on board and performs as per their defined ToRs
- Chairs the coordination meetings and forums, maintains the minutes and disseminates timely
- Liaises on with provincial authorities at the target provinces to ensure the appointed surveyors are in the field conducting the survey
- Represents SSDA positively in all external and internal forum through maintaining good interpersonal skills, speaking assertively, participating actively and respecting to each individual
- Reporting & Documentation:
- Produces all the project reports including monthly, quarterly and end of the project and ensures that the project reports are in line with the communication policy and requirement of the project donor and submitted to the relevant entities timely
- Ensures compliance with reporting deadlines and guidelines
- Ensures all the required data are documented on time
- Reviews the drafted reports produced by the area staff and ensures that prepared reports meet the project’s requirement and submitted before the deadlines
- Coordinates well and effectively with the steering committee to ensure the project is being implemented as per the set parameters and the funding agency’s expectation and contributing to attaining the project goal
- Core Competencies:
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
- Demonstrates corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
- Self-development, initiative taking.
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work.
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively.
- Creating synergies through self-control.
- Managing conflict.
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others, Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making.
- A solid understanding of business cases and risk management processes
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven self-management and team-management skills
- Capability to make decisions under pressure
- High degree of self motivation
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills
- Excellent analytical skills, project design and proposal writing skills (Essential)
- Project and budget management
- Excellent people management, coaching and mentoring skills
- A relaxed management style that empowers rather than controls
- Excellent written and spoken English
- At least 8-year experience with bachelor’s degree & 4 years’ experience with Master degree on a senior level project management position or in project manager position or relevant field at national or international organizations.
- Skills and experience in project/program planning, delivery, monitoring, reporting, review and evaluation
- Experience in working in complex emergencies or challenging security settings and within security management frameworks.
- Ability to produce timely and high-quality reports
- Full professional proficiency in English
- National languages (Pashto and Dari)
Please email a covering letter and your CV, by no later than 4:00 PM, Sept 30, 2022 to email@example.com including job title & Vacancy # in the subject line of the email. Your covering letter should be no more than 1 standard A4 page in length and explain how you meet the essential and desirable position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates. Application with no proper subject (requested above) will not be considered.