- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 1 year with possible extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference AWSDC 2024-08
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education (Master/Bachelor’s degree in Law / Sharia)
- close Date February 22, 2024
The Afghan Women Skills Development Center (AWSDC) founded in 1999 is a national non-governmental organization (NGO), dedicated to the promotion and protection of the rights of women as well as Economic Empowerment of Women in Afghanistan. AWSDC key thematic focus areas are Livelihoods, WASH, Protection Social Cohesion and Humanitarian Response. The organization geographical areas are Kabul, Kunduz, Faryab, Kandahar, Paktya, Herat and Balkh Provinces. The organization since the startup of first wave of COVID-19 has provided humanitarian assistance to nearly 65,000 COVID-19 affected men, women and children under its geographical areas. Likewise, AWSDC is one of Humanitarian actors in the country in the provision of protection, WASH and Emergency Shelter and None food items to vulnerable Afghanistan across the country.
In response to the current humanitarian crisis, AWSDC is scaled up its interventions in serving more people by providing life-saving assistance, protection, Livelihoods, WASH, and food/non-food items. The aligned strategic priorities will enable our target groups in addressing their acute deficits of humanitarian response, early recovery through the provision of Emergency Response (Protection, WASH, Food/NFIs) and early recovery and development interventions (Protection Services, WASH, Livelihoods).
AWSDC is in the process to recruit Project Manager to support the Legal Assistance project in Kandahar province.
- Plan, implement and report on legal assistance activities as articulated in the project plan
- Ensure that designed legal officers provide legal counselling and mediation support to concerned population on legal issues including family, civil and HLP matters (including evictions), civil status documentation;
- Ensure the designated staff members such as legal officers facilitate/support the returnnes/IDPs to get access to legal documentation, including birth certificates and Tazkira.
- Ensure that the legal officers and social organizers sensitize concerned populations on their fundamental rights and procedures to access legal and civil services through legal awareness raising sessions
- Stay abreast of the local legal and protection context;
- Ensure that the legal offices refer the criminal issues and/or custody issues to the relevant partners or authorities for legal representation when required;
- Ensure data compilation for monthly reports – using the template by UNHCR – on the implementation status of the Legal assistance activities;
- Prepare weekly, monthly, result and end of the project report and sharing with the project managers for subsequent sharing with AWSDC main office and donors.
- Participate in relevant meetings at provincial level
- Manage the daily operation of the legal assistance project activities in the province
- Provide training and support to the project team ensuring they can operate in a safe manner and conduct project activities at a high quality.
- Any other tasks assigned by the line manager
ation and Qualifications
- Bachelor/Master of Law/Sharia Degree
- Holds a license of Defense Attorney that allows you to practice law in Afghanistan
- Proven legal experience with minimum of 5 years, with qualification to represent clients in Court
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and communication skills
- Administrative and managerial skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Solid Computer skills and competency in word, Excel as a minimum
- Familiar with the legal framework of the public administrations in Afghanistan
- Strong practice of workplace diversity and inclusiveness
- Strong communications skills. Fluency in written and spoken English; spoken Dari and Pashto is an advantage.
Interested applicants should Attach their CVs to the below Google Form Link or email address before 22 Feb 2024, with the subject line Project Manager- AWSDC 2024-08.
Note 1: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants not following submission guideline their application will be rejected.