- Salary Offer NTA Salary Scale (Grade C, Step 1-5)
- Years of Experience At least 5 years relevant experience is required
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 12 months with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 35112
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor Degree Holder
- close Date November 28, 2022
About IRC (International Rescue Committee):
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 10 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 1000 staff.
Program Management and Development
- Oversee the implementation of quality health programs and ensure that program goals, objectives, targets, and activities are met.
- Prepare program work plans in coordination with the Health Coordinator and Health Implementation Coordinator for all projects.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to the various project sites, ensuring that projects utilize standardized protocols, policies and guidelines, as outlined by the Ministry of Public Health. Identify technical quality and/or other implementation issues and provide solutions and follow-up to ensure projects are on track to meet goals and are consistent with established best practices.
- Ensure that the health program is implemented in line with the IRC principles: promoting and protecting rights, participation, capacity building, partnership and holistic programming.
- Strictly follow up the medical and operational supply chain system, stock recording, timely ordering for the supplies and accountabilities in relation to the warehousing and using of the supplies including medicines and medical items.
- Work closely with other IRC programs present in the same location, such as Protection and WASH and integrate program components to the extent possible.
- Work with finance to provide accurate and timely spending plans, cash forecasts, and salary allocations.
- Represent IRC in all health-related forums in provincial levels, including health cluster, nutrition cluster and any other health related working group.
- Be ready to attend quarterly and monthly coordination meeting in IRC Kabul offices.
- Work closely with Health Coordinator, collect the initial data in provincial level for developing of any health-related concepts and proposal.
Staff Supervision & Development
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Directly supervise national health facility staff, ensuring regular performance reviews.
- Develop staff training plan based on training need assessment.
- Ensure training and ongoing capacity building opportunities for staff on technical and project management skills.
Grant Management and Reporting
- Manage all health grants, and work with the Health Coordinator to develop work, spending and procurement plans for all projects.
- Participate in the development of proposals, budgets, and concept notes for future health interventions.
- Prepare internal and external reports (such as narrative reports, DHIS data reports) within agreed deadlines using IRC and donor formats, as required.
- Review Budget vs. Actual (BVA) reports monthly, recommend actions to correct identified problems.
- Work closely and coordinate with IRC Operations, Finance and Grant departments to ensure compliance with grant requirements.
Coordination & Representation
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors in the province.
- Maintain good coordination with provincial health authorities and other health related partners.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure all required donor reports are completed on time and to a high standard.
- Oversee the collection and timely reporting of program data and indicators for all health programs in line with IRC’s guidelines and according to internal and donor requirements, ensuring timely collection and entry of program data.
- Conduct fortnightly/monthly program data analysis with health staff to discuss progress on grant indicators, disease trends, define action points for how to stay on track with grant requirements, and follow up with those points
- Work with the M&E team to produce and analyse all weekly, monthly, or quarterly reports and ensure timely submission of all such reports.
- Travel outside of Khartoum for needs assessments and implementation as needed.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of field teams, promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment.
- Other duties as assigned by the Health Coordinator to enable and develop IRC programs.
- Bachelor Degree holder (doctor/public health professional) with strong public health background and strong management experience.
- Must have at least 5 years experience in overseeing and managing primary health care programs
- Previous experience working with NGOs an advantage
Demonstrated Managerial/Leadership Competencies:
- Previous mentorship experience
- Previous experience supervising and managing a multi-disciplinary team in a complex setting
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure in a stressful environment, displaying patience, compassion and diplomacy.
- Ability to be innovative, flexible, and adaptive.
- Ability to work under difficult, high-pressure situations.
Languages/ Computer Skills:
- Comfortable working in English and Dari/Pushto and ability to translate both written and orally.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to be innovative, flexible, and adaptive.
- Ability to live in challenging conditions and ability to work under difficult, high-pressure situations.
- Fluency in English, Pashto/Dari
- Computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, Access, and internet)
- Ability to work closely, professionally, and constructively with all others regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, religion, race, tribe, or cultural background
For IRC- Afghanistan Internal Candidates:
(“ The IRC encourages employees to remain in a position for at least one year and be in good standing before applying for another position within the organization. if an employee is interested in a vacant position within the organization, he/she must inform his/her supervisor in advance before applying for a new position”)
(However, 1 year is a must to complete but to encourage IRCA employees somehow we are flexible who work in the current IRC position for at least 6 months or above and are given chance to compete for an opportunity in the organization)
Application received without exact position title and location will be directly disqualified from the process.
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and removed from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque.
Refer to submission guideline