- Salary Offer As per VWO salary Scale
- Experience At least 4 years of experience in a project manage
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 6.5 months-extendable
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 234
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date May 15, 2021
- Education Completed Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in relevant field of work li
About Voice of Women Organization:
Voice of Women Organization (VWO) is an Afghanistan-based non-governmental, non-profit, non-political, and non-partisan organization that specifically strives for the revival of women’s role in Afghan societies through advocacy for women’s rights, their legal and social protection, and their capacity building.
VWO informally established in Kabul in 1998 to run covert schools for girls under the repressive regime of the Taliban, VWO was registered with the Government of Afghanistan as the first women’s organization in the post-Taliban setup. The organization has since carried out scores of projects for the socio-economic advancement of Afghan women and girls. Voice of women organization established a headquarter office in 2004 in Herat province. In the beginning, it focused on women-related matters, and later on, in 2005, VWO established the first women protection center in Herat province.
Currently, the organization is operating in 7 provinces (Herat, Ghor, Farah, Nimroz, Badghis, Daikondy, and Faryab) of Afghanistan having 6 projects with more than 240 employees working toward achieving its mission.
Description: The Project Manager is responsible to carry out all duties and responsibilities with direct supervision VWO’s Program Manager and Executive Director
- Provide a good work atmosphere and team collaboration among the project staff.
- Hold constant coordination meetings with the project staff and guide them through formal rules of the project, and also hold tight coordination with the project stakeholders.
- Supervise the Spotlight Initiatives-UNICEF project activities on daily basis to ensure that the services are provided to the survivors in line with the contractual provision and project activities.
- Organize and participates the CPANs meetings, and provide any reports to the program.
- Control and monitor the process of CFS and GFS, training and campaigns.
- Prepare monthly progress report and any other reports require to be submitted to the stakeholders or partners.
- Perform overall management of the project and coordination and communication between CPANs, CFS, GFS and relevant stakeholders.
- Supervise all Spotlight Initiatives-UNICEF activities, staff and survivors.
- Maintain a good filing system according to the organization’s documentation policies and procedures.
- Collecting and providing information of beneficiaries and support them until their stay on CFS and GFS.
- Support the beneficiaries to achieve their rights, in accordance with the CFS &GFS regulation and VWO policies.
- Coordinate with local authorities, donor, related NGOs and other relevant Department.
- Ensure that project staff receive an appropriate orientation in order to implement the project in compliance to VWO policies and procedure, and donor requirement.
- Participate in internal and external meetings, monitoring programs and trainings.
- Ensure and get responsibility in providing services and activities to beneficiaries.
- If necessary, should be in WPC in emergency situations like: bad weather or other situations where the operating system is disrupted.
- Reviewing files, checking stock and preparing purchasing requests.
- Ensure all project activities are implemented in timely manner according to proposal and log frame.
- Regular monitoring of budget and its lines that how they are used.
- Insert beneficiaries’ information into database.
- Organizing regular staff meetings and preparing meeting minutes.
- On call coverage 24/7 during the unofficial time, weekends, holidays as needed/designated/directed by the program.
- Ensure COVID-19 preparedness plan is implement during the project activities and alert staff to practice all precautionary measurement.
- Ensure enough PPE items are in place and ultimately used by staff and survivors.
- Perform any other relevant assignments/duties that might be assigned by immediate Manager.
Position Requirements: (Qualifications)
- Completed Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in relevant field of work like: Business Administration, Management, Leadership or Political Law.
- At least 4 years of experience in a project management /team lead function for Legal Aid / Justice and Judicial Services Technical Support and management in Afghanistan
- Has experience in at least two (2) projects as manager in the field of management and leadership in Afghanistan and is fluent in Dari and Pashto Languages with strong proficiency in oral and written English.
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
Interested candidates who can meet the criteria must send their updated CV to the following email address mentioned in this announcement. Please refuse sending of big size file such of certificates and other extra documents. Keep in mind to write the Vacancy number (VWO-234) in the subject line of your email.