- Salary Offer As Per OHW Salary Scale
- Experience Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration Project Based
- Contract Type Contractor
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 420
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date April 24, 2021
- Education Bachelor degree in relevant fields
About Organization of Human Welfare (OHW):
About Organization of Human Welfare (OHW):
The Organization of Human Welfare (OHW) is a non-governmental organization and is a non-political, not-for-profit, and impartial organization with no bias towards a particular religion, ethnicity, or political belief. It has its own independent legal status and entity. OHW is operating since 2007 in the country with active membership with the national clusters and international donor agencies in Afghanistan including SWABAC, ACBAR, AICS, BAAG, AWN and most of the national and international Clusters operates based in Afghanistan.
- Project Manager will be part of Provincial Senior Management Team (PSMT). He/ She will be responsible to take notes and minutes of meetings and will share with Program Manager based in Kabul.
- Ensure effective implementation of project Activities based on the agreed plan with consideration of budget availability.
- Effective management of the Project team and guide them based on the requirements of donor agreed Partnership Agreement.
- Provide enough and sufficient technical support to the Project team in order to have better result from the project implementation.
- Taking part in Monthly coordination meetings with different stakeholders and donor based on the requirements of the project Activities.
- Prepare and submission of the quality reporting to the donor and other sector department to have a good reputation of the organization at the provincial level.
- Representation of the organization at the provincial level with effective and required manner.
- For ensuring accountability and transparency, the Project Manager will analyse and investigate documents from procurements, finance and program.
- Support the Provincial Coordinator in ensuring effective and efficient management and delivery of the project activities through annual planning, budgeting, reporting and day-to-day project operations consistent with project cycle management and the project’s goal with highest standards of programmatic quality.
- Lead the development of technical designs of Project implementation methodologies for smooth implementation.
- Coordinate with project staff to ensure quality assessment and studies and processes are utilized effectively.
- Provide technical advice to staff and stakeholders on the project implementation strategy and partnership decisions such as the identification of priorities, needs and indicators; the design, set up and use of implementation systems to collect sufficient data; and the design of project implementation plan.
- Provide and present evaluation and learning findings and data to all program team in order to contribute to decision-making and strategic planning processes in the projects in southern region of Afghanistan.
- Ensures, in close consultation with Project Support Team, the effective application of Project Management tools, elaboration of coherent work plans, project and program documents, preparation of compelling proposals and monitors the project work plans, project effectiveness and achievement of results and provides inputs to the Strategic Results Framework and Results Oriented Report.
- Leads the livelihood and economic development project team and ensures team spirit.
- Ensures the highest possible quality of delivery of project components.
- Maintains regular contact with project staff on programmatic issues and oversees the work of the project team in the project target locations.
- Participate in all internal and external (coordination) meetings representing the project.
- Coordinate and cooperate with initiatives of other sections of the OHW.
- Coordinates with existing program activities and capitalize on other on-going similar interventions in the same sectors by other implementing agencies.
- Improve/establish communication and coordination mechanisms and procedures amongst the various stakeholders.
- Prepare inception reports, work plans and regular donor progress and impact reports for the project.
- Ensure the achievement of outputs in line with the approved work plan through the day-to-day planning, management coordination and implementation of activities.
- Ensures monitoring and evaluation of the projects, including regular field visits and the organization of Project Board and Steering Committee meetings and report on project progress and constraints.
- Manage and monitor identified project risks and update the status of these risks.
- Keep the Program Manager abreast of emerging project issues.
- Ensures that national counterparts, at a local and central level, endorse and participate in the identification of priority interventions, building national capacity and ensuring growing responsibilities of counterparts.
- Ensures the promotion and application of the donor and OHW drivers of development effectiveness (promotes national ownership and the development of national capacities; fosters policies and partnerships and promotes gender equality) for enhanced programmatic results, and other development standards as per OHW’s corporate multi-year strategy.
- Ensures that all programming is founded on Rights Based approach and that program resources are used in a balanced way and are “conflict-sensitive”, ensures adherence to the Do-No-Harm principle.
- Ensures the integration of cross-cutting issues, such as gender, peace building, human rights into the design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of program/projects of the Livelihoods program.
- Preparation of high-quality project documents and proposals and encouraging adequate peer review of the same through established mechanisms.
- Any other task that is crucial to be done in this capacity by Livelihood Project Manager.
- Ensure information from M&E activities is properly analyzed and documented for reporting and learning purposes.
- Collation and analysis of assessment data (through surveys, assessment and web statistics, interviews, case studies and reports) and analyzed against outcomes to draw out learning and implications.
- Triangulation of findings using different types of data and analysis of trends over time.
- Ensuring reports and findings are communicated effectively via close collaboration with the Project team and team leaders for Quality Assurance and Capacity Development in southern region of Afghanistan.
- Promotion of the organization’s positive image through collaboration and networking.
- Ensure that the programme collaborates and networks with other stakeholders such Government ministries and departments, donor agencies, NGOs and private sector organizations.
- In coordination with the Program Manager, represent OHW in the regional (east) levels; to donors, local and national government authorities, other NGOs, and any other parties as required;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager from time to time.
- Carry out these accountabilities within the operating and process frameworks that apply to the whole OHW employees in south region.
- Work together with all your key stakeholders: ensure organisational objectives, mission and vision are met.
- Exemplify the Organization of Human Welfare (OHW) Standards of Integrity, Purpose & Values.
- Be able to travel within Afghanistan when required.
- M&E Manager and SMT based in Kabul, Project Coordinators & other project staff based on the requirements.
- OHW Programme and administrative staff
- External stakeholders, government departments, banks, donors.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in relevant field with Minimum 5-8 years’ experience and related technical skills.
- To demonstrate high-level performance management and leadership skills, with substantial experience of managing large teams.
- At least Bachelor degree in business development and agribusiness marketing and Rural Development Programs.
- At least 7 years of similar position on Market Business/ food security and livelihood Program development and implementation
- Good conceptual thinking skills and an ability to develop diverse and innovative solutions to problems.
- Good understanding of project planning and management cycles and experience of developing quality project report and other documents.
- Good team building and communication skills.
- Experienced in staff development and capacity building.
- Experienced in partnership management.
- Experienced in working in fragile contexts.
- A very good team leader as well as team player and contribute to positive working team environment for effective project delivery
- Very good self-management competencies.
- Ability to communicate appropriately via English, Pashto and Dari.
- Good managerial and leadership skills for better implementation of the project
- Excellent community skills, including community based planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge of planning budgeting and development research.
- Demonstrable understanding of the contemporary information for development environment.
- Excellent leading skills of project implementation and good planning and implementation.
- High level of integrity and high standards of personal conduct.
- Strong computer skills especially with Ms Word and Excel and other related packages
- Having enough skills of coordination and communication with the support of Program manager.
- Attention to detail and the ability to produce timely and accurate reports
- Ability to work as part of team across different cultures
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter with updated CVs to OHW’s HR department – email@example.com
Applications should be received by OHW’s HR department on 23-April-2021 before 4:00 PM. And clearly, indicate the vacancy number and job title (Project Manager/420) in their email subject line. Otherwise, their applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a test/interview.