- Salary Offer As per the Organization salary scale
- Years of Experience Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience as project engineer preferably in UN or I/NGOs especially in the sanitation, waste management and infrastructure activities
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 11 Months
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 'PU-AMI/HR/JAL/001724
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 2 Months
- Education Civil engineering degree or other relevant degree.
- close Date May 22, 2022
About Première Urgence – Aide Médicale Internationale (PU-AMI)
PU-AMI (known globally as Première Urgence Internationale, PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. PU-AMI’s teams are committed to support vulnerable communities and populations, those marginalized, hit by conflict, natural disaster or economic downturns. PU-AMI’s main objective is to contribute to reduction in morbidity and mortality, and provide emergency relief to those in immediate need in order to help them regain their dignity.
Afghan mission is the oldest of PUI missions, with the first medical intervention launched in 1979 just after the Soviet troops crossed the country’s borders. PU-AMI teams currently deliver the integrated health care, combined with nutrition, psychosocial support; water, sanitation and hygiene (wash), as well as trauma services. The organization implements projects mainly in eastern parts of the country, and increasingly in the South-East Region. Since the COVID-19 outbreak in 2020, PU-AMI has also positioned itself as one of the main actors in preparedness and response to the pandemic, implementing health and wash-cantered activities at health facilities and community level in Kabul and beyond.
Globally, PUI provides assistance to around 6 million people in 23 countries and across 5 continents: Africa, Asia, Middle East, Latin America, and Europe.
PU-AMI (که در سطح جهان به نام PUI پی یو آی شناخته میشود) یک اداره غیردولتی، غیرانتفاعی، غیرسیاسی و غیر مذهبی مدد رسان بین ا لمللی میباشد.
تیم های PU-AMI متعهد به حمایت و کمک جوامع و جمعیت های آسیب پذیر به انهاییکه در اإثر منازعات- حوادث طبیعی و رکود اقتصادی منزوی شده اند میباشد. هدف عمده PU-AMI کمک در کاهش مرگ و میر -کمک عاجل به اعاده و بازیابی حیثیت ووقار انهاییکه در نیاز فوری قرار دارند میباشد.
ماموریت افغانستان قدیمی ترین مآموریت (PUI) پی یو آی بوده و با اولین مداخله در بخش صحی در سال1979 فقط درست بعد از عبور نیروهای شوروی از مرز های کشور آغاز شد.
تیم های PU-AMI در حال حاضر مراقبت های صحی ادغام یافته همراه با تغذیه حمایت روانی اجتماعی-آب-نظافت و حفظ ا لصحه wash و خدمات تردیدات یا تروما را ارایه میدارد.
این اداره عمدتآ پروژه ها را در بخش شرقی کشور و بطور فزاینده در مناطق جنوب شرقی کشور از زمان شیوع COVID-19 در 2020 تطبیق مینماید .
PU-AMI همچنین منحیث بازیگر اصلی در آمادگی و پاسخ به بیماری همه گیر – اجرای فعالیت های صحی و wash در سطح مراکز صحی و جامعه در کابل و فراتر از آن موقعیت خود را تثبیت نموده است.
در سطح جهان موسسه PUIدر 23 مملکت جهان به 6 میلیون نفر در 5 قاره افریقا- آسیا- شرق میانه- امریکای لاتین و اروپا کمک مینماید.
General Conditions of Employment:
The employee shall abide to this job description, his/her employment contract, PU-AMI Afghanistan National Staff Regulations together with its annexes and attachments, as well as any rules, regulations, internal policy that may be adopted by PU-AMI Afghanistan
Work relationship روابط کاری
Work under the responsibility ofتحت مسولیت شخصیکه کار مینماید : Project Manager
Supervise اشخاصی را که نظارت میکند: Field Engineers
In direct cooperation withدر همکاری مستقیم با :
WASH Coordinators, WaSH & Infrastructure Manager, WaSH Behavior Change and Social Mobilization Manager, Senior Water Quality Officer, Program teams, Logistics, Finance, HR support departments of PU-AMI Laghman and Nangarhar office, beneficiary communities, humanitarian partners and local authorities.
Responsibilities and particular assignmentsمسؤلیت ها و وظایف مشخص
Purpose of the position is the provision of technical support in designing suitable solution of Water Supply, Sanitation and waste management along with other infrastructure activities in emergencies and early recovery phases and taking leading role in implementation of projects as per approved design and standards
Objective 1: To propose suitable, feasible and economic WASH and infrastructure activities adhere to Sphere standards, WASH Cluster’s recommendations, standard procedures, practices and guidance documents
- Provide technical inputs in proposing activities adhered to Sphere Standards
- Incorporate practically applicable relevant DRR and protection measures in the design of infrastructure projects
- Check the relevancy of the proposed activities to geographic area, resources and availability of skills in the targeted area
- Conduct market survey for propose materials availability and unit rates of material/labours and provide realistic estimates of the proposed WASH and infrastructure activities of project
- Conduct technical survey of the target area for proposing most suitable water supply, sanitation, waste management & Infrastructure solutions
- Prepare and provide technical documents like technical feasibility, designs, drawings, BOQs and estimates etc
Objective 2: To take part and support organization in the process of tendering and vendor selection for the supplies construction materials for project activities as per approved design and specification:
- Provide detailed materials list for the project activities with required number and specifications as per approved BOQ/estimates and drawings of the project to the logistic unit for incorporating in tender documents
- Technically review the tender documents before advertisement regarding quantities, specifications, units and other liabilities’ that are required from supplier as per approved design of the project
- Take part in bid opening procedure for technically observing and examining the profile of the suppliers and hence the relevancy to project supplies/demands
- Take part in supplier selection process by evaluating the samples against specifications given in approved BOQs/estimates and also given in tender documents and sign all the samples for record purpose
Objective 3: To lead, manage and support field teams focusing Field Engineers using proper tools
- Orient field staff on relevant approved job descriptions (JDs) hence make clear to them their roles and responsibilities
- Monitor field staff by tracking field activities using tools like work plans, construction check lists, quality of construction works etc.
- Conduct periodically meetings with field staff regarding progress, challenges, recommendations and take positive steps in providing field staff the required support, also take necessary actions if any staff member is unable to work as per approved JDs and assigned rules and responsibilities
Objective 4: To take leading role in beneficiary selection and verification process by field team and timely execution of the mobilization process as per approved DIP of the project
- Participate in Broad Based Community and inception meetings
- Check and maintain the TOP signing process and relevant documentation with project committees and beneficiaries
- Support field teams in DRR, O&M and other relevant community/committee trainings as per project proposal
Objective 5: To guide field teams on project activities and also work on capacity building of field team specially Field Engineers regarding implementation of activities as per standards and approved design in the proposal
- Orient filed team focusing Field Engineers on approved design as per approved proposal of the project’s hard components in the earlier stage of the project
- Technically orient the field staff on site selection like that for Water Supply, Sanitation and waste management etc.
- Guide field teams regarding quality of product for water components and its related rehabilitation works that they are adhered with promised quality and standards
- Train field team regarding quality checking of materials also method of quantity checking of supplies to verify with way bills like construction materials
- Guide field teams on dealing and maintenance documents relevant to supplies like GRN, GDN, way bills etc.
Objective 6: To provide technical support in filed activities during the course of project so that the execution is as per approved design and standards
- Conduct field visits rigorously (in close coordination with security department) and technically monitor the on-going activities that they are adhered with approved design and relevant standards
- Practically support field staff in technically feasible site selection for WASH components and other infrastructure activities
- Technically monitor skilled labours and take positive steps for proper understanding of skilled labours, community activists or beneficiary household (which ever applicable) regarding design, DRR and protection measures
- Timely report line manager regarding any hurdle in implementation relevant to design at earliest stage of the project and timely provide recommendations
- Timely manage as per DIP the pre and post water quality testing process for water supply component and take steps for confirmation of product water as per WHO standards and also keep proper record of water quality tests
Objective 7: To maintain the quality of materials/Supply as per approved samples and quality
- Check quality of supplies with approved samples during regular field visits
- Check quality of stocks (that is already received) in ware house/hub
- Take positive measures that field staff is accepting supplies of required quality and any sub graded materials are rejected with proper documentation
Objective 8: To plan the timely completion of targeted WASH and infrastructure activities as per Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) and according to approved design, standards and quality
- Submit bifurcated work plans to line manager for the assigned targets
- Submit progress reports to line manager on daily/weekly/monthly bases (which ever required)
- Report variances along with recommendations/actions taken that are required to line manager
- Identify challenges in the field and take positive steps for coping with the challenges
- Strongly coordinate with all stake holders for smooth implementation of the project
- Timely plan contingently in case of any external factor affecting or may affect the field activities
Objective 9: To maintain field relevant project documentation and visibility as per project proposal
- Check and maintain the completion certificate for each communal or household activity is in hand and signed by beneficiaries, committee representative and relevant staff also that outputs are as per mentioned in completion certificate
- Check and maintain that sign plates/sign boards are in hand, properly fixed with correct information for visibility and transparency purposes (if applicable)
Check and maintain the sign boards that they are fixed in suitable location with correct project information for visibility and transparency purposes (if applicable)
Qualification/ Requirements تحصیلات و شرایط لازمه
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience as project engineer preferably in UN or I/NGOs especially in the sanitation, waste management and infrastructure activities
- Civil engineering degree or other relevant degree.
- Must have enough/reasonable knowledge of designing and implementation of emergency and early recovery community based and rural WASH projects with all of its components
- Strong knowledge/familiarity with eastern provinces districts and communities
- Ability and willingness to travel to field sites in order to follow up of work
- Ability to motivate community regarding active participation in project activities- Possess problem solving skills and adaptability
- Experience in the estimation of WASH construction and rehabilitation equipment’s
- Must have computer literacy specially MS offices and Auto Cad or relevant engineering soft ware
- Good reporting and communication skills
- Fluency in Pashto, Dari and English
- Must be gender sensitized and respectful for local norms
- Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines
- Ability to work individual and in team harmoniously with problem solving attitude
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
Make sure to press submit at the end of the application.
No other type of submission will be accepted. Prepare your resume before applying, you will have to attach it. Please save your resume documents with you name.
Regarding PU AMI recruitment process, please note that!
- PU AMI will conduct his recruitment on the base of need only.
- PU AMI commits to a fair and transparent recruitment procedure.
- Only HR department will contact you during the recruitment process.
- In case of any complaint please feel free to send your inquiries to this mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PU AMI may keep data of your application for its pool of candidate and might propose you other position than the one you applied for based on your qualification.
- Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted & local applicants from the same province are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
Women application are strongly encouraged.