- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 2 - 3 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 1 year(s)
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference MSF-612
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- close Date August 10, 2022
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Providing support to the Head of Programs (HoP) / Project Coordinator (PC) in the security management and the coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, and contributing to the context analysis and follow-up according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Providing contextual information, to improve understanding and decision-making processes, through a variety of sources.
– Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting in different forums and through different tools, on key issues (security, risk, etc.) relevant to the proper project’s conduct to the HoP/PC.
– Proactively participating and contributing to project discussions on the different strategic components of MSF intervention in the specific context of Mazar, within the broader context of MSF intervention in Afghanistan.
– Representing MSF externally together with the Head of Programs (HoP) / Project Coordinator (PC) or alone (when officially delegated by his/her supervisor) for official meetings, negotiations, etc.
– Supporting in exploratory missions and assessments as needed and participating in the development of security plans.
– Under the guidance and supervision of the HoP/PC, ensuring the continuity of relations with local actors through different channels, and keeping respective records updated.
– Assisting the HoP/PC in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts.
– Assisting the HoP/PC in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF in order to improve awareness and public opinion adhesion, as well as identify potential areas of concern.
– Being contactable by phone and available to assist the HoP/PC with important context, security, and operational issues that may occur outside of regular working hours unless otherwise agreed with the PC (e.g., holidays)
– Executing clerk-related activities as well as preparing and conducting briefings on the project context to new employees in order to facilitate their integration on board and within the project environment.
– Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed.
– Performing assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by the HoP/PC.
– University Diploma Level, preferably in the field of Social Sciences (Political Sciences, Inter-national Public Law, Anthropology, Economics, etc.)
– Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) essential
– Essential: Experience in and exposure to working in a complicated political, security, and humanitarian environment, inc. representation
– Essential: Experience in data collection, reporting, and analysis
– Desirable two years of previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid within MSF or other NGOs
– Desirable: Management experience
– A +: MSF experience
– Dari/Pashtu: oral and written essential
– English: oral and written essential
– Commitment to MSF’s Principles
– Cross-cultural Awareness
– Analytical Thinking
– Strategic Vision
– Results and Quality Orientation
– Behavioural Flexibility
– Stress Management
– Service Orientation
– Planning and Organising
– Capacity to Negotiate
– Teamwork and Cooperation
– Security Awareness and Management
– Networking and Building Relationships
– Preferably candidates from Mazar-e-Sharif or/and Balkh area, with a deep knowledge of the area
– FULL TIME / SCHEDULE: 176 HOURS PER MONTH – DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE POSITION THE CANDIDATE MUST BE WILLING AND CAPABLE OF SOMETIMES WORKING OUTSIDE REGULAR OFFICE HOURS
– SALARY WILL BE PAID ACCORDING TO THE MSF SALARY GRID
The interested candidates should submit their applications before Saturday, August 9th at 4 PM with the CV in English, motivation letter, including references details, and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas, work experiences, etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Kabul Base Coordination via email:
Only applications received by email will be treated.
The reference “Project Coordinator Support in Mazar” must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.