- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 1 - 2 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 1 year(s)
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Reference MSF-614
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- close Date August 12, 2022
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Provide support to the Project Coordinator in the administrative part of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relationship with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, and providing translations and interpreting in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Monitor and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and provide support in analyzing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, in different administrations in order to improve decision-making processes.
• File and update field contacts and correspondence (with other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.) in order to ensure information sources’ accuracy and availability on regular basis.
• Assist the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows
• Assist the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities) in order to improve awareness and public opinion adhesion.
• Ensures the continuity of relations with local actors and keeps updated the list of contacts.
• Organize advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator with local authorities and partners to ensure the continuity of relations with local actors and involved counterparts.
• Execute clerk-related activities as well as prepare and conduct briefings on the project context to new employees in order to facilitate their integration onboard and within the project environment.
• Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed
University Diploma Level, preferably in the field of Social Sciences (Political Sciences, Inter-national Public Law, Anthropology, Economics, etc.) Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) essential
• Essential: Experience in and exposure to working in a complicated political, security, and humanitarian environment
• Essential: Experience in data collection, reporting, and analysis
• Desirable two years of previous experience as PC Assistant or in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs
• Desirable: MSF experience
• Dari/Pashtu: oral and written essential
• English: oral and written essential
Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
Working hours: Full Time: 176 hours a month. Salary: will be paid according to the MSF salary grid
The interested candidates should submit their applications before August 12th, 4 pm including CV, cover letter, 2 professional references details (name, position, workplace, phone number, email), and other supportive documents: certificates, diplomas, Tazkira, etc.):
– Via: E-mail: email@example.com; or
– Drop in the CV box at MSF Herat Office, 29th Hamal Square, Near Almas Sharq Hall, District 5 Herat.
Your application for this position must clearly state the reference “PROJECT COORDINATOR ASSISTANT” to be considered, either on the envelope or in the subject of your email. If you do not clearly state the position, attach the required diploma, and other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Do NOT submit original documents. Documents will not be returned
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF HR Manager using this recruitment contact details.