- Salary Offer According to Organization Policy
- Years of Experience 5 years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 9 Months + Extendible
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference AREP-HR-422
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education University degree in the field of Agriculture (Agronomy/extension)
- close Date March 25, 2023
About Afghanistan Rehabilitation and Education Program (AREP):
Afghanistan Rehabilitation and Educational Program (AREP) was established in 1994 as an independent non-governmental, non-profit organization, AREP’s learning experience as a development organization comes from its working association with communities in different areas of Afghanistan. More importantly, the development and growth of the organization have been through an evolutionary process, AREP is registered with the Ministry of Economy and member of Education International, ACBER, ANCB and DUKE OF EDINBURGH’S (The International Award for Young People).
AREP is working for women, youths, and children where disability is the top priority among the AREP’s three targeted groups in three main AREP core competencies/ technical expertise, a): EDUCATION (Formal and Informal education, b): CAPACITY BUILDING, Vocational Education Skills Training, Awareness Initiatives (Civic Education, Human Rights, Anti-Corruptions, Access to Justice, Peace Building & Conflict Resolution) and other training for aforementioned target groups] & c): COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT providing them assistance in the multi-cultural program, government and community dialog, peacebuilding and Rehabilitation & Small Infrastructure) throughout Afghanistan.
ROLE PURPOSE: The purpose of creating this position is to manage an agriculture-based food security project in a designated province achieving full targets and demonstrating methodologies that are committed in the project proposal. The incumbent is responsible for project planning & development, implementation of innovations and changes for sustainability, monitoring of field activities including transparent input distribution to the beneficiaries, and strengthening liaison and coordination with the government and community.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Manage the implementation FSL project in a designated province based on project logical framework analysis, project cycle management and proposal.
- Coordinate with local Governmental line departments in terms of the project area and beneficiary selection according to the set criteria. Ensure full participation by all partners and stakeholders in project planning, implementation and M&E-related activities.
- Prepare a monthly cash requirement forecast for project activities, calculating procurement costs per the procurement plan.
- Provide support to project staff in delivering project components and ensure the implementation of capacity-building components of the project.
- Submit regular project implementation reports (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) to supervisors based on the project’s requirements.
- Backstop all administrative & logistics support matters of the project activities – including documentation, approval and actual payment, any other required paperwork, and liaison with finance and procurement at provincial.
- Report on any problems to the supervisors promptly that are encountered in the field and/or in the office such as procurement problems, project participant complaints, local authority interference and security threats to staff and activities.
- Participate in the Provincial Government meetings, meeting with GoA and relevant UN bodies and represent FSL confidently with updated information and play diplomatically with issues where required.
- Attend Save the Children Provincial Senior staff meeting regularly.
- Delegate authority to the reliable and trustable next-level supervisee as OIC in case of absence of duty station for a day or more.
University degree in the field of Agriculture (Agronomy/extension)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Managerial in agriculture (agronomy and extension) based projects – including program planning, implementation & development, budget, monitoring and supervisory and training skills
- Good communication skills
- Problem-solving, analytical and negotiation skills
- Representation skills
- Computer literate
- English proficiency in both speaking and writing
- 4 – 5 years in the relevant fields
- Familiar with the local culture of Nangarhar province
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive. The role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within the reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes (CV) with a detailed application letter and contact details, no later than March 25, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please clearly indicate “Project Coordinator” in the subject line of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be informed.