- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Experience 1 Year
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration Open Ended
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference VA: 150185
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date October 28, 2021
About UN-WFP Afghanistan:
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian Agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. In 2014, WFP fed over 3.6 million vulnerable Afghans and our operations include: capacity building, Purchase of Progress (P4P), Food Voucher, Food for Assets, Food for Work, Food for Training, Food for Education, Mother-and-Child Health and Nutrition and Emergency Relief. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food insecure Afghans, including women and children, as well as families affected by conflict and natural disasters.
To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Based in the CO, the Programme Associate will provide support to Country Office (CO) and Field Offices (FO) SCOPE teams in overall implementation of SCOPE including registration of beneficiaries, data management, deduplication, transfers management and other tasks. The Programme Associate is also expected to support the initiation and management of external SCOPE partnerships including Government and other humanitarian partners.
Main activities are highlighted below
• Support the CO SCOPE team in preparation of standard operating procedures, mapping business processes, and SCOPE implementation plan;
• In coordination with field offices, plan, manage, and oversee beneficiary registrations across the country and ensure SCOPE equipment supply to field offices;
• Provide daily support to field offices around registrations, data management, deduplication, data import and other activities as requested;
• Provide SCOPE support to CO Strategic Outcomes 1,2, and 3 and follow up with field offices to ensure projects are timely managed in SCOPE;
• Regularly check the data quality in SCOPE and follow up necessary rectifications with CPs and field offices;
• In coordination with field offices and according to SCOPE implementation plan, follow up SCOPE end-to-end rollout with field offices and provide support where necessary;
• Ensure adequate coordination with Regional Bureau and SCOPE Service Desk for resolving technical matters;
• Assist SCOPE project manager in managing SCOPE partnerships with the Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and other humanitarian partners;
• Support the capacity building of WFP staff in the field, cooperating partners, and SCOPE partner organizations;
• Conduct field visits to ensure smooth SCOPE implementation across the country and compliance with SCOPE standard operating procedures;
• Any other duty as required
University degree in the fields of business administration, public administration, international development or any other relevant field.
•Demonstrated experience in data analysis, project management, business management, and business modelling
• Advanced skills in MS Excel required
•Demonstrated experience of drafting project management documents, standard operating procedures, and project implementation plans
Knowledge & Skills:
• Possession of combination of broad business skills coupled with familiarity with management information systems
• Strong written and oral communication skills Experience working in a United Nations agency, and preferably with WFP.
• Field experience in Afghanistan.
• Computer skills in Word processing, Excel, PowerPoint, typing English/Pashto/Dari
• Ability to write and speak in English, as well as Dari and Pashto.
Afghan Nationals meeting the essential qualifications of the position are invited to apply by submitting a letter of interest and updated CV or P11 form, please click on link provided below in order to submit your online application through the WFP E-recruitment portal. Please note that application submitted via email or hardcopy will not be given any consideration.