- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Years of Experience 5 years' of related experience with Master degree or 7 years' of related experience with bachelors degree
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One Year with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference MHI/MO/120522/12
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Master or Bachelor degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Project Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences
- close Date May 21, 2022
About Muslim Hands International:
Muslim Hands International – MHI is an International Relief and Development NGO, established in the United Kingdom in 1993 with the objective of providing relief and emergency services and long-term sustainable development projects in a cultural, ethical, effective, efficient, and transparent manner. Muslim Hands works both directly and with partners in over 50 countries worldwide carrying out short and long-term projects in emergency relief, Health, WASH, Education, Protection, shelter, safe water, and TVET programming and a particular intervention of Advocacy and Peace in Afghanistan only. Muslim Hands International has been awarded Investor in People (2000, 2004 & 2007) and has also been accredited with Quality Management Systems Standard ISO 9001:2000. The organization is also a signatory to the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and various NGOs in Disaster Relief and the main sources of funding for the organization are individual donors, trusts, institutions, and DFID.
Muslim Hands International obtained formal registration from the Ministry of Economy in Afghanistan with registration No. 141 in 2005, is now firmly established with its Headquarters in Kabul, and is fully engaged in relief and development activities in different parts of the country. The work of Muslim Hands in Afghanistan involves; improving the lives of the poor and vulnerable through the provision of education, health, WASH, Protection, Livelihood, advocacy, Agriculture, and other specialized projects e.g. rehabilitation of the disabled, water purification, and sanitation schemes, orphan sponsorship scheme, income generation activities and emergency aid/relief activities in Afghanistan. The Afghanistan head office operates in 21 provinces through the head office in Kabul and regional and provincial offices in the respective regions and provinces of Afghanistan. The organization is running and operating by 25 professional core and full-time personnel of MHI in its head office in Kabul and each regional office of MHI deals with a similar number of paid and volunteer staff members entire the country.
This role has a country program development focus and ensures compliance to MHI procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into the development of programs’ management, action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
- Support the Assistant Country Manager with the development of strategy and/or drafting of position papers, thought leadership pieces, and other related initiatives leveraging evidence from programs.
- Support MHI senior management in providing timely, thorough responses to information requests from internal and external sources.
- Under the direction of Assistant Country Manager lead proposal development processes, including drafting and producing high quality concept notes and proposals.
- Support Humanitarian & International Partnership Department (HIPD) in conducting assessments, surveys and proposal development inputs and so.
Reporting to Donor:
- Support the development and preparation of high-quality, timely reports for donors, partners, and government on program progress, ensuring all donor reporting requirements are met and strategically positioned to demonstrate MHI’s leadership in programming in the country context.
- Manage reporting workflows and processes between program teams, senior leadership, and HQ to ensure the timely and quality development and review of reports.
- Work closely with program M&E staff to ensure credible, best-practice monitoring and reporting of program activities.
- Lead initiative to identify, research, write, and report on key sector success stories for internal and external audiences, packaging stories that center on evidence to further illustrate impact of the programming.
- Edit and finalize reports and communications materials
- Increase visibility and ensure leadership positioning through developing strategic communication materials, such as sector profiles, impact reports, program briefings, leadership and positioning pieces, and other relevant pieces.
- Serve as main gatekeeper of high-quality reporting and communication activities for all portfolios, drafting original content and providing strategic guidance on positioning and messaging of all reporting and communications materials.
Knowledge sharing and contribution in Policy Making:
- Ensure program documents are complete, up to date, and stored appropriately
Provision of top quality policy advice services to the program senior management and facilitation of knowledge building.
- Master or Bachelor degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Project Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences or relevant field.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience with a Master Degree and 7 years’ relevant professional experiences with a Bachelor degree in related field.
- Able to measure risk, and allow for data driven solution.
- Familiarity with various donor compliance including US and EU donors with special attention to reporting requirements.
- Experience in working with donors, partners as well as internal representation
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent interpersonal Skills
- Good Coordination and Reporting Skills
- Outstanding Problem-Solving skills
- Great understanding of Community, people and their needs.
- Excellent Report Writing Skills
Languages: Written and Spoken fluency in English, Pashto and Dari languages is a must.
Interested local candidates are requested to send their CVs along with the Cover letter in 1 Word/PDF file (NO Educational and Work Certificates) to the attention of the following email, (Roheena.firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than the closing date.
Your email subject line should be as (Program Development Manager, MHI/MO/120522/12) otherwise your application will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and called for the test and interview.