- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 4 years of professional experience in procurement required.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One Year ( Extendable)
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference R2788
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor’s degree in business administration/finance/accounts or related field with at least 4 years post degree experience.
- close Date March 30, 2023
About (MSH) Management Sciences for Health:
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
The role of the Procurement Specialist is to collaborate with the provincial team under the technical guidance of the Kabul Provincial Procurement Officer, to manage all purchases for the provincial office by following the MSH policy and procedures a staff by performing procurement specialist work activities and supporting G&P Department personnel to maintain a transparent, effective and efficient procurement process for all procurement activities in support of the team.
- Receives approved Purchase Requisitions (PR) for procurement of goods and services
- Update PR on procurement tracker
- Become thoroughly familiar with detailed MSH procurement systems and procedures for the management of procurement.
- Collaborate with the Operations Officer and Kabul procurement department to complete the required procurement process to achieve the needed materials requested in PRs, keeping the provincial team informed.
- Prepare RFQs, collect quotations, collect documentation, prepare selection memos and analysis and recommend selected vendor, working with Kabul team for review of each step and guidance.
- Send PO to vendors.
- Do vendor site visits, prepare all documentation according to the checklist.
- Prepare all backup documentation for the preparation of invoices for payment.
- Submit all documentation electronically to Kabul office.
- Communicate with vendors so that they are aware of and accept payment terms, open bank accounts, keep registrations update, understand tax liabilities, and are encouraged to comply with local regulations.
- Assist to file, copy, scan, purchase orders and other compliance related documents, ensuring that all documents are in filed in the hard binder files and the electronic file folders in compliance with MSH policies and procedures, and USAID rules and regulations, including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) requirements and ADS 303.
- Prepare the procurement package and submit to Kabul Provincial Procurement Officer for review and further process.
- Assist to document all communications with vendors to include but not limited to email communication and responses, telephone calls and in person meetings as directed by G&P personnel and the Innovation/Grants/ procurement Manager.
- Ensure that Procurement files are up to date include maintaining the Grants/Procurement folder on the share drive regularly updates the supervisor of all partial collection of the procured goods.
- Report to Kabul team of any influence or collaboration of any staff with vendors immediately.
- Also performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration/finance/accounts or related field with at least 4 years post degree experience.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- 4 years of professional experience in procurement required.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience administering government grants with FAR regulations is essential.
- Computer literate with e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheet experience.
- Strong judgment and a commitment to fair and ethical procurement practices.
- Experience in a USG or donor funded project required
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail and quality Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure
- Monitoring/assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to work under pressure
- Planning and scheduling skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (Fluent in Pashto and/or Dari with strong spoken and written English skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Functional expert – has knowledge of processes and products
- Influencer – relates to people, builds relationships, and effectively presents arguments
- Results seeker – meets deadlines, identifies actions, and achieves goals
- Innovator – thinks creatively, anticipates changes, and produces solutions
- Adaptor – stays calm under pressure and handles criticism well
- Complier – follows procedures and encourages others to as well
Interested candidates should apply through the below link and submit an application form for positions they are suitably qualified for.
Please click the employment opportunities tab and select Afghanistan from the list of countries. A list of positions will appear, please select those you wish to apply for. Candidates who do not apply through the above-mentioned link will not be considered for the shortlist. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap.