- Salary Offer As per Organization Salary scale
- Years of Experience 5 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Open ended
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 220008F3
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor Degree in Business Management, BBA, or any other related field.
- close Date November 30, 2022
About Save the Children:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI – Afghanistan
Save the Children has been working in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers.
The Procurment Officer (CVA) will provide unit-level oversight in CO Kabul Office. S/he will ensure that procurement policies and procedures relevant to CVA programming are followed in compliance with donor rules and according to SCI CVA procedures. S/he will ensure that all procurements are made with the correct supporting documents attached, and promote a culture of ‘zero tolerance’ with regards to corruption, fraud, interference or bribery in Afghanistan. S/he will maintain high sourcing standards, and support the supply chain dept. to ensure programmes are well-supported to complete activities.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Reports to: Supply Manager – Medical/CVA
Close working relationships: Supply Chain, Programme Operations
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Support the Supply Chain Manager in developing and finalizing CVA contracts.
- Support in developing Invitation To Tender packages relevant to CVA programming.
- Support the Supply Chain Specialist in finalizing the CVA Scope of Work.
- Assist in compiling a CVA contract package.
- Assist in the completion of relevant CVA documentation – e.g. risk assessments, vetting … etc.
- Ensure that SCI CVA procedures are maintained at all times.
- Assist in communications with service providers – e.g. set up of meetings, taking meeting minutes and other day to day communications among others.
- As the sourcing officer, you will be the lead to receive and record new procurement requests. Based on value of the procurement, either lead the sourcing process.
- Ensure that submitted CVA PRs are clear and inline with SCI CVA procedures.
- Responsible in ensuring all PRs submitted to Procurement Team in Country Office are processed in accordance with SCI Procurement Manual and best practices, and PRs procurement progress are monitored in ensuring meeting its delivery leadtimes.
- Support Procurement Manager in driving big value procurement process in country office, vendors prequalification process, and development of procurement database for the response
- Manage a monitoring tool for PR progressing and ensure all Procurement staff progressing accordingly in delivering all PRs under their responsibility.
- Establish framework agreements that meet business needs.
- Ensure that buying staff receive quotations and/or make purchases from a diverse range of suppliers that are vetted and represent best value for money.
- Support, when required, in the establishment of procurement committee meetings and facilitate the opening of bids.
- Lead on the development of well-recorded and well-written Competitive Bid Analysis and minutes of the meeting to record why and how purchasing decisions have been made.
- Review all documents before submitting for approvals – in country and otherwise.
- Prioritise and monitor the daily progression of all requested goods and services on a daily basis.
- Review and maintain an accurate up-to-date CVA service providers information database, as well as a market prices for similar servies.
- Support in making payment requests to finance and follow up to ensure to ensure that suppliers receive payments on time.
- Support in the regular communications with the Cash Technical Advisor on all CVA relevant matter.
- Support in the regular communications with Programme Managers – if required – that are involved in CVA programming.
- Scan all procurement and payment documents and record the soft copies in appropriate HDD.
- Promote the inclusion, empowerment and promotion of female staff as equal colleagues within the workplace.
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Bachlor Degree in Business Management, BBA, or any any other related field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain (Procurement)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive experience in managing others
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work as a team player
- Fluent in Pashto and/or Dari with skills in English
- Good self-starter with effective time management skills
- Strong skills in coordinating and collaborating with others in partnership
- Positive, solution-driven, respectful and with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong IT skills (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability and willingness to travel within Afghanistan
- Experience working in humanitarian emergencies across multiple areas of Afghanistan.
- Knowledge of CVA programming.
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by filling in the online application form. In addition to the online application form, they can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to the online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser. Returning users will need to enter their username and password, first time users will need to create a user account.
It is recommended that you save your username and password for future job applications through the online system.