- Salary Offer Grade D NTA Salary Scale
- Experience 3-5 years relevant
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 12 months (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 20623
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date October 18, 2021
- Education Bachelor Degree
About IRC (International Rescue Committee):
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
1. Procurement Planning
Working closely with Procurement Manager, and other internal and external partners, you will effectively plan and support program implementation by:
- Collecting, organizing and analyzing data market information and data to enable effective procurement planning
- Preparing and implementing procurement plans following related IRC procurement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Monitor supply market and conduct market surveys & analysis to ensure value for money in procurement.
Responsible for implementing procurement plan and strategy and ensuring all procurement needs are met on time in line with GSC and donors’ standards, the role holder will:
- Receiving and recording all PRs from the requestors and field sites, preparing, and distributing quotation requests to vendors. Where applicable visit vendors to ensure their credibility and capacity.
- Procurement of goods and services in country.
- Maintain Procurement Department files. Ensure all documentation is available and is properly filed.
- To follow IRC Afghanistan procurement threshold and create PO, payment based on the Budget Verses Actual (BvA) system.
- To provide a reliable price list, and organize the procurement catalogue
- To organize all payments by ensuring that all authorized relevant documents are attached
- Assist Procurement Manager to track and monitor purchase requests and orders.
- Prepare monthly procurement report.
- Ensures that all goods received have been properly documented and sent to the fields and or handed over to the Warehouse in charge for recording and further release to the relevant requestors.
- To advise the Storekeeper on delivery and documentation of goods in Kabul.
- On delivery of assets, ensure that the assets are registered and tagged as per the IRC policy and procedures.
- Coordinate ahead of time with Warehouse and Asset Unit for expecting deliveries of goods to the warehouse and submit necessary support documents for in time receipt and space availability
- To ensure taking part in the tender criteria setting goals and understand IRC procurement policies and procedures including Standard Operating Procedures.
- To train bid evaluation committee while sitting scores criteria for each tender document to ensure bids are scored in a transparent manner
- Maintain up to date vendor lists
- Coordinate with Procurement Manager all day to day procurement planning and execution
- Prepare payment requests as per policy and submit to Procurement Manager for review.
- Support the development of procurement specifications
- Process approved Purchase requisitions through the procurement software ensuring data accuracy.
- Initiate and process Request for quotations (RFQ) and Request for proposals (RFP).
- Train and certify procurement committee members and participate in tender meetings and evaluations.
- Prepare bids analysis and other bidding documents for approval.
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers that is transparent and documented.
- Review procurement documents for accuracy before taking payment for approval.
- Collaborating with all departments by Coordination with finance, grants, and program to ensure smooth and timely procurement
- Other assignments advised by the line manager
3. Contract Management
You will lead the contracting process so that the terms and conditions, and contracting procedures as provided by Global Supply Chain are followed.
To achieve this, you will:
- Prepare and executing contracts for recommended bidders
- Timely renew qualifying contracts and Master Agreements.
- Execute contracts against set performance indicators
4. Compliance and Ethics
You will assist in identifying and analyzing compliance risk in procurement processes and in implementing donor rules & regulations for all procurements by:
- Implementing due diligence for suppliers, this includes conducting reference checks, supplier visits etc.
- Providing consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Identifying and reporting procurement red flags across the procurement value chain
- Implementing corrective action plans (CAPs) in response to internal and/or external audit queries
You will support timely and accurate reporting by:
- Preparing and submitting accurate monthly reports to the Procurement Manager on time.
- Supporting with developing and updating the procurement plans (assigned) as required.
- Submitting monthly list of commitments to Procurement Manager/Supply Chain Coordinator and Finance
- Submit periodic procurement tracking report for specific Grants that you are assigned to.
6. Common duties:
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Field Coordinator and/or Deputy Director of Operations/ Country Director.
- To report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- To assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of refugees by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- To ensure procurement principles such as Accountability, Transparency and cost effectiveness approaches are considered at all time when procurement activities are carried out.
- To bring into the attention of immediate line manager and other Senior Management Team any red flag/fraudulence situation may observed for immediate corrective measures
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Business Administration or similar field with at least 3-5 years of NGO and other UN agencies work experience in procurement/Supply Chain/Logistics
- Good command of English and Dari and / or Pashtu
- Strong organisational and management skills.
- Computer skills
- Flexibility: ability to work under pressure.
- Adaptability: working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to travel to the field sites to provide support to Supply Chain Staff
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and remove from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul, Street No.3 Qala e Fathullah District 10, Beside the Fatima Mosque.
Refer to submission guideline