- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan & Forein
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- close Date July 10, 2022
Mission and objectives
UNAMA was established in 2002 as a Political/ Peacebuilding Mission, exceptionally) directed and supported by the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO).
The United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) is a UN Special Political Mission tasked with assisting the people of Afghanistan. UNAMA was established on 28 March 2002 by United Nations Security Council Resolution 1401. Reviewed annually, this mandate has been altered over time to reflect the needs of the country and was extended for one year, on 17 March 2022, by the UN Security Council Resolution 2626 (2022).
• Responsible for the management of funds within the accounts relevant to the UNAMA Integrated Security Workforce (ISW), in addition to the following tasks; • Prepare and develop Acquisition and Requisition plans for Security and Safety equipment, Fire Fighting Equipment and provision of Security services; • Analyze expenditure and establish purchase projections for effective utilization of funds. Request to liquidate outstanding obligation if necessary; • Develop specifications/SOW for further requisitioning of goods/services in UMOJA in close cooperation with end users; • Compare Purchase Order with Requisition/Shopping Cart to ensure specification/SOW comply with requirements; • Coordinate the conduction of Technical Evaluation of Bids proposed by Procurement Section; • Raise Miscellaneous Obligation Documents (MOOs) for further obligations of funds and payment process for security services expenditures; • Issue Service Certification Reports/SES in order the payment for provided services by Contractors to be processed in timely manner; • Prepare Interoffice Memorandums, other correspondence within Security Support Unit activities in collaboration with relevant sections: Procurement, Supply, Finance, etc.; • Ensure compliance of financial activities with UN rules, regulations, policies and strategies. • Proactively update and advise UNAMA Security Management on status of Security current expenditures and future projections; • Prepare ad-hoc financial summary reports at the request of Management; • Ensure accuracy of financial data with consultation with UNAMA relevant Sections. Work on ad hoc tasks as required by the UNAMA Security Management; • Prepare monthly report, the report has to include a forecast and recommendations; • Prepare necessary paperwork related to financial. and logistics activities in collaboration with UNAMA relevant Sections; • Ensure that Security Support Unit files are up to date and well organized. Both electronic and hard copies • Focus on result for all clients and respond positively to feedback Perform any other duties as required by Management • Ensure that accurate and complete accounting. reporting and internal control systems are functioning; • Develop and maintain Security In use and stocks Database, including non-security items, such as: computers, radios, vehicles, etc. Results/expected outputs • As an active UNAMA team member, efficient, timely, responsive, client-friendly and high-quality support rendered to UNAMA and its beneficiaries in the accomplishment of her/his functions, including: • Efficient, timely, responsive, client-friendly and high-quality support rendered to the Security Section UNAMA • A final statement of achievements towards volunteerism for peace and development during the assignment, such as specific quantification of mobilized volunteers, activities, and capacities. • The development of capacity through coaching, mentoring and formal on-the-job training, when working with (including supervising) national staff or (non-) governmental counterparts, including Implementing Partners (IPs); • Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective is systematically applied, integrated and documented in all activities throughout the assignment • A final statement of achievements towards volunteerism for peace and development during the assignment, such as reporting on the number of volunteers mobilized, activities participated in and capacities developed