- Salary Offer According to the organization Salary Scale
- Years of Experience Minimum 2 to 3 years of Admin/logistics and procurement experience in AKDN, UN and other international organizations
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One Year(Regular Based)
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference KBL/01/15/95
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor’s degree in business administration or relevant field
- close Date January 31, 2023
About Aga Khan Agency for Habitat:
The Enterprise Development Specialist will be based at the AKAH Office Kabul and will provide technical input to the activities related to capacity building and enterprise development of Local Impact project. S/he will Identify Plan & Manage project activities based on the project scope of works and the implementation plan prepare and submit reports and other deliverables conduct market research and assessments to match producer capabilities to market demands. The Enterprise Development Specialist will ensure that the project activities are
completed with the highest standards of quality and the enterprise are developed in rural areas. The project components will involve extensive travelling to operation area.
Under the guidance and supervision of the officer, admin/logistics or his/her nominees, the procurement assistant is responsible for applying administration-based management techniques, operational oversight, handling procurement, maintaining coordination between departments and responsible for all aspects of the admin/logistic and AKAH admin/logistics services. The Procurement Assistant shall perform the following key functions:
(MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS):
- Daily purchasing based on Procurement Plan.
- Maintain a well record of documents in their related files.
- Surveying / collecting quotations & making analysis of prices for a final recommendation and approval period
- Preparing of RFQ and ITB when needed.
- Inspection & checking of quality of purchased items before and after delivery to the stock/store and getting quality approval from the related departments.
- Performing research to identify potential suppliers and evaluating their qualifications
- Communicating with customers about order status, answering questions about products and services, and resolving issues
- Preparing purchase orders and contracts for approval by supervisors or attorneys
- Negotiating price changes with suppliers when costs fluctuate significantly
- Keeping records of orders placed and shipments received, updating inventory levels based on these records
- Reviewing contracts to ensure that all terms have been met before signing them
- Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations regarding purchasing procedures and best practices
- Coordinating with other departments within a company for the purchase of specialized materials or equipment
- Assist officer, Admin/Logistics with processing and handle mass procurement within country and abroad in close coordination of the procurement committee and finance
- Any other tasks assigned by Supervisor, Admin/Logistics and/or his/her nominee(s)
(SPECIFICATIONS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS):
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or relevant field
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of Admin/logistics and procurement experience in AKDN, UN and other international organizations
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking of English and local languages.
- Flexible, having positive attitude and the ability to work under pressure and give high commitment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- To have excellent knowledge of computer program (MS. Office).
- Ability to travel to AKAH operation areas.
- Should be patient and work long hours and under pressure
- All employees
Interested applicants meeting the above requirements should submit a cover letter describing your interest and suitability for the position along with your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to
- Please qoute Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying
- No supporting documents (e.g. diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc.) are required at this stage.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
- Salary: According to Aga Khan Agency for Habitat (AKAH)-Salary Scale
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Aga Khan Agency for Habitat, Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity, safe guarding of children from abuse and zero tolerance to sexual-harassment.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.