- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Experience 5-7 Years
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 4 Months
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference COMAC-3424
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date July 30, 2021
- Education Bachelor's Degree
About Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC):
Blumont’s Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC) program provides comprehensive victims’ assistance (VA) to Afghan families suffering from military operations by delivering direct and indirect assistance, building the capacity of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA), advocacy, and outreach. To build a sustainable base for VA in Afghanistan, COMAC focuses on building the capacity of the Ministry of Martyrs and Disabled Affairs (MMD), as the main governmental entity for VA services. In addition, COMAC has to address the broader challenges of collecting and managing data in a still kinetic environment, national and provincial-level stakeholder coordination, resource mobilization, enacting rights-based legislation and policies, and the systemic inclusion of victims and mainstreaming VA across projects, programs and sectors. Capacity building efforts include participatory capacity assessments and workshops, ensuring robust & sustainable knowledge transfer, coordinating with relevant VA service providers, and institutionalizing capacity building for the future.
Ministry of Martyrs and Disabled Affairs: Currently, MMD is the focal ministry within GoIRA that coordinates, manages, and delivers VA services for people with disabilities (PwDs) and Heirs of Martyrs (HoMs). It is also the lead policy making and regulatory authority for issues related to martyrs and disabled in Afghanistan. In this role, the MMD is required to effectively coordinate and collaborate with a wide range of relevant stakeholders. To support this strategic coordination, MMD is focused on strengthening its outreach and media relations through the office of the spokesperson, to raise awareness about MMD and its role and services among all stakeholders – including the Afghan people including the beneficiaries, government and non-government agencies, and national and international organizations. In delivering its responsibilities, MMD is required to deal with substantive logistics and procurement responsibilities. The Ministry follows the National Procurement Law (NPL) and procedures in procurement of goods and services. However, as a relatively new Ministry, the MMD still requires technical support to build its capacity to manage procurement and logistics. Some o the key challenges faced by MMD in this regard includes:
- Lack of a streamlined organizational structure and understaffed Procurement and Logistics Unit.
- Poor procurement knowledge and skills among existing staff.
- Lack of a streamlined procurement/logistics workflow
- Slow document processing across MMD (including its Finance department) which makes it difficult to adhere to the NPL, while managing procurement.
- Insufficient knowledge of other MMD directorates and units with procurement procedures.
- Poor coordination and collaboration between relevant MMD relevant directorates on procurement process.
Blumont is seeking candidates for the position of STTA Procurement and Logistics specialist to be responsible for the following tasks.
- Assess MMD’s procurement and logistics process to identify key capacity gaps and bottlenecks.
- Develop and implement tailor-made basic and intermediate trainings on Procurement Policy, Standard Working Procedure, relevant guidelines for MMD, in alignment with the NPL and responsive to the assessment findings on gaps.
- Provide trainings to other relevant staff within MMD including those from Finance.
- Work closely with the COMAC team to support capacity building of MMD and COMAC staff through Training of Trainers to roll out trainings to improvement procurement process at DMDs. In addition, provide structured mentoring to MMD staff to implement appropriate procurement and logistics practices.
- Assess data management needs related to logistics and procurement and make recommendations on appropriate information management systems for MMD.
- Any other duties assigned by COMAC senior management in accordance with MMD needs and this job assignment.
- Assessment report outlining capacity gaps and assets at MMD with regards to logistics and procurement
- Conduct at least 10 classroom-based trainings to build MMD staff capacity in procurement and logistics. In addition, develop tailored training plan and curriculum that can be used by MMD beyond the life of the Consultancy.
- Conduct two Training of Trainer Workshops for MMD staff.
- Recommendation on data management platform
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is required including Business administration, Public Administration etc. Master’s is preferable.
- 5-7 years of experience in Procurement and Logistics management; with at least 3 years in a leadership position at one or more government agencies.
- Specific experience in compliance and fraud management and familiarity with procurement and logistics databases.
- Proven experience in training procurement and logistics.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Full professional proficiency in English and Dari and professional working proficiency in Pashto (speaking and reading).
- Ability to work well in a cross-cultural environment including government working environment.
- Proven organizational and administrative management skills.
- Time management and prioritization skills.
- Good adaptability and ability to work under extreme pressure.
- Proven leadership, teambuilding, & problem-solving skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, decision making and negotiation skills.
- High level of integrity, independence, and initiative; and
- Strong customer service and ability to work quickly under deadlines.
This will be a Kabul based position with expected travel to provinces up to 20% of time.
Interested applicant are highly encouraged to apply for this position by filling the online application form and upload their cover letters and CVs through the following link:
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Female candidates and People with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply