- Salary Offer 400 USD
- Experience 2
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 31-March-2022
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 2021-162
- Gender Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date July 31, 2021
- Education Bachelors
About Children in Crisis (CiC):
Children in Crisis began working in Kabul, Afghanistan, in 1997 and since then has worked consistently within Kabul and across Afghanistan’s provinces to improve access to quality education for the most marginalised children, to guarantee that children in conflict with the law have their legal rights protected and afforded to them, to increase the participation of women and girls in all areas of public and private life, and to remove disability as a barrier to inclusion in all areas of child’s life.
The female physical trainer will be working as part of CiC’s project in Kabul Female Prison Detention Centre (KFPDC). This project aims to improve the situation in prison and simultaneously increase safety and self-sufficiency upon release. The proposed project further seeks to raise standards in Kabul Female Prison Detention Centre (KFPDC).
The female physical trainer will work with female inmates to provide recreational activities including yoga and sports aiming to improve physical and mental health of the female inmates. She will report to the Project coordinator.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with social workers on and prison staff on the types of physical activities provided to the prisoners
- Develop schedule for different exercises responsive to the need to all prisoners
- Increase the number of trainees in the physical exercises and increase the capacity of the program for new trainees
- Coordinate with social workers and phycologist to identify the most vulnerable prisoners facing psychological issues and depression and encourage them to join the exercise
- Keep records of trainees who regularly attend the physical exercise and share the information with social worker and defines lawyer as a prove prisoners’ rehabilitation
- Demonstrating exercises and routines to female inmates
- Assisting inmates in exercises to minimize injury and promote fitness
- Modify exercises according to inmates’ fitness levels
- Monitoring inmates’ progress and report to the project coordinator
- Providing information or resources on general fitness and health issues
- Providing emergency first aid if necessary
- University degree
- 2 years’ experience as physical trainer (Yoga and fitness).
- Fluency in local languages Pashto and Dari
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV (03 pages maximum) and Cover Letter (01 page maximum) to the following email address email@example.com not later than 31-07-2021. Please indicate the position title and Vacancy Number in the e-mail subject line.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted whose education and experiences correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for further consideration. In case you did not hear back from us after 3 weeks of the deadline, please take it as a rejection.