- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Years of Experience Graduate from a government approved Faculty of Pharmacy (Pharm D) or bachelor's degree.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One year
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference KBL-24-2022
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education At least 5 years’ experience in the field of pharmacy management
- close Date May 25, 2022
About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need. CARE, as an International Confederation of 13 member organizations is one of the world’s largest private humanitarian organizations working in more than 90 plus, countries committed to helping communities in the developing world achieve lasting victories over poverty.
Summary of Key Functions
The Pharmacy senior officer is responsible for all pharmaceutical related tasks in CARE Kabul office, S/he is responsible to manage the pharmaceutical related activities for the health projects, also will be responsible for the Quantification, PR ,GRN development and distribution of medical commodities to the targeted projects, will be responsible for the capacity building of pharmaceutical staff in the project and need to make sure that project are implemented according to agreed project work plan, indicators and targets reflected in technical proposal for the pharmaceutical section .
- Report to senior program coordinator health equity and right
- Collaborate with all the health projects team at CARE sub office level in respective province
- Actively contribute to Project Team Meetings, to ensure that the project pharmaceutical interventions are implemented in effective and efficient manner and the project goal and objectives are met
- Work closely with the Health Program Manager in ensuring that all pharmaceutical needs of projects are met to enhance program deliveryGeneral responsibilities:
- He/she will be in charge of overall pharmaceutical management at CARE Afghanistan
- Ensure Medical commodities supply and follow up to the targeted area according to their needs
- Ensure that the data collected from HFs and pharmacy stock is accurate and shared with line manger
- Proper distribution, management, and follow up of pharmacy stock and other pharmacy activities
- Make sure that the pharmacy standards are respected at CARE pharmacy stock and HFs
- Prepare medical commodities purchase request based on needs and submission to the relevant departments for further process follow up
- Quantification of medical commodities based on need of the project in the targeted area
- Supervision and monitoring of pharmaceutical management in the targeted projects/HFs
- Prepare reception (GRN) of orders from supplier and Follow up of pharmacy order both national and international level
- Distribute the RFQ to the venders and participate in the sample checking of medical commodities
- Prepare and submission of medical commodities consumption reports
- Communication and coordination with all respected stakeholders
- Assist the procurement team on procurement of pharmaceutical commodities in different stages (PR check, PO development, RFQ preparation/distribution and etc.)
- To ensure the proper pharmaceutical management is in place in the stock (FEFO, FIFO and usage of near to expire drugs, storage condition, temperature …etc)
- To update stock card and perform physical inventory on regular basis (Monthly, Quarterly, semiannual or need base)
- Ensures all drugs distribution to the HF’s processed according to CARE stock management systems
- Build capacity of the all the related project teams in the provinces on effective pharmaceutical management at the field level
- Prepare and submit the pharmaceutical reports to line manager
- Any other official duty and responsibility assigned by line management
- Build personal and inter project relationship, analytical skills, cultural sensitivity, gender sensitivity, team work, establish a productive working environment and persuade others, mobilize communities and good coordination with stakeholders
- Effective computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel), monitoring and excellent supervision and coordination skills.
- Promote best practices/ lessons-learned approaches with the support/active participation of local communities during project implementation
Education and working experience
- Graduate from a government approved Faculty of Pharmacy (Pharm D) or bachelor’s degree. At least 5 years’ experience in the field of pharmacy management
- Good oral and written communication skills, excellent command over MS
- office, particularly MS excel and PowerPoint and MS word
- Team work capacity and good team player
- Warehouse management skills and knowledge pharmaceutical regulatory will be an asset
- knowledge of pharmaceutical regulatory
- Fluent in national language Pashto/Dari and good knowledge of English
Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) to Afg.Vacancies@care.org before the closing date, applications without Care Standard Job application form will be considered for shortlisting.
Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number and Location in the Subject Line (Pharmacy Senior Officer Kabul-24-2022) otherwise your application will not be considered.
Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Security check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidate are highly encourage to apply.
CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)