- Salary Offer As per organization's salary scale
- Years of Experience At least 2 years responsible experience in the Drug Supply Management of development and health project
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 4 Months with possible extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference OCCD-WHO-0001
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Pharmacy Officer must be graduated from a well-known Faculty of Pharmacy or nursing school
- close Date July 12, 2022
Organization for Community Coordination and Development (OCCD) established and registered with Ministry of Economy in 2013, is a non-profit, non-governmental, non-political and independent organization. OCCD works in partnership with Government, development and implementing partners in Health, Education, Agriculture and Livestock, Research and Development
The Pharmacy Officer is responsible for overall management of the Pharmacy affairs activities in all target provinces. He /She works closely with project team to prepare orders based on the needs, maintains appropriate and standard drug stock management, supervises the distribution system, and provides technical assistance to the project team.
- Assist the project pharmacy supervisors in the management of pharmacy
- To work with cooperative attitude and keep the pharmacy activities according to project ToR at provincial and health facility level.
- Analyze data and reports coming for the provinces about medicine consumption /stocks and provide feedback.
- Data entry monthly, linked to health facilities consumption report
- To provide monthly action plans and monthly and quarterly reports.
- To supervise the target provinces and HFs based on monthly action plan and provide the feedback to the pharmacy supervisors and project team
- Provide the distribution list of medicine for the HFs in target province based on consumption report and HMIS OPD data
- Supervise provincial and HFs pharmacy stocks and do on the job training for correction of deviations.
- Ensure that enough medicine is available for all HFs
- participate in Pharmacy sub-committees meeting on monthly base
- Establish a well-organized drug supply Management at project Level
- Review and analyze HF medicine/medical supply requirements/ prepare request and share with related department
- Estimate medicine and medical supply needed for implementation of HFs based on standard guidelines and project ToR
- Prepare Drug Order Request for all HFs based on need on quarterly base
- Maintain standard and appropriate storage essential drugs in pharmacy stock
- Maintain a computerized data base of essential drugs in the Pharmacy Stock.
- Maintain proper records of the Pharmacy Stock receipts, transfers, and disbursements
- Maintain stock cards and balance sheets in Pharmacy Stock
- Assist the Logistic Department in procurement of medical equipment and supplies.
- Ensure close partnership, collaboration and coordination with BPHS NGOs pharmacy officers in overall activities.
- Follow-up with team to ensure that drugs distributed to team are being properly stored and used.
- Doing regular Monitoring /Supervision of pharmacy activities
- Prepare stock condition report on monthly base and submit it to program manager
- Any other task assigned by the line manager
- Pharmacy Officer must be graduated from a well-known Faculty of Pharmacy or nursing school
- At least 2 years responsible experience in the Drug Supply Management of development and health project
- Good communication skills (written and spoken) of Dari, Pashto and preferable in English
- Demonstrated skills in health project management and ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to travel to the target provinces districts when it is required.
- Ability to support provincial team and provide/receive constructive feedback
- Knowledge of planning/organizing/communication skills
Interested candidates should submit their resumes along with the cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE REMEMBER TO WRITE THE VACANCY#, POSITION, AND PROVINCE IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL. NOTE: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted