- Salary Offer As Per WVA Salary Scale
- Address Herat with Frequent travel to targeted districts .
- Years of Experience At least 2 years’ experience in provision of BPHS services and understanding of how MHNT operate.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration one Year
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference R9388
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education B.A in medicine.
- close Date August 11, 2022
About World Vision International:
World Vision International (WVI) began emergency relief operations in Afghanistan in 2001 by addressing the urgent needs of children and families affected by natural disasters and decades of conflict. More than a decade later, World Vision Afghanistan’s (WVA) programs have expanded to development sectors such as health, nutrition, WASH, child protection, and education, empowering women to engage in civil and social change through interfaith partnership.
WVA targets the most vulnerable in its interventions; including children, women, Internally Displace Persons (IDPs), and returnee refugees, as well as the most impoverished and marginalized families. These priorities have been chosen to contribute to our Goal of: “Improved survival and well-being of Afghan girls and boys, building the foundations for a better future for Afghan children and their communities.”
Our work is well established in Herat, Badghis, Ghor, and Faryab provinces in the western region of Afghanistan. We work closely with all levels of society including children, parents, teachers, village councils, religious leaders, ministries, provincial departments, and other national and international agencies.
Support and provision of preventative and curative services through OPD activities for targeted population in the project designated locations, Including training, capacity building and support of health and nutrition personnel and CHW. General community engagement to raise awareness of the health and nutrition component and support in production of reporting to health and nutrition officer.
- Mobilize the target communities on the health component of the project.
- Assist the Health and nutrition officer to ensure the MHNT and nutrition components of the sub health centres are fully functional.
- Provide oversight of activities of the MNHT and nutrition component of sub health centres and deal with issues as they arise.
- Ensure all reports are sent to the HMIS staff in a timely manner
- Supervise the distribution of essential medical, nutrition and non-medical supplies for its respective MHNTs and sub health centres.
- Ensure health care providers has enough PPE and the working environment is disinfected thoroughly.
- Based on Pharmacy reports, inform the health and nutrition officer of any types of medical and non-medical supplies required for the respective project.
- Assist on developing the monthly consumption reports of the medical supplies, which is required to be submitted to the Pharmacy Assistant.
- Collect and file the project health related data (MHNT registers, treatment lists, Nutrition reports from sub health centres and CHW reports) and share with the health and nutrition officer.
- Identify the capacity building needs of the health personnel in the target area.
- Support the Health and Nutrition Officer in providing training to staff
- Ensure high quality and appropriated MHPSS and other health related material printed and installed/distributed.
- Support and sensitize staff and community on referral system or severe cases patients.
- Report to the health and nutrition officer any changes in disease or health conditions in the operational area, and report potential outbreaks.
- Other tasks assigned by the health and nutrition officer.
- Supervise the pharmacy assistant and check that pharmacy environment clean and temperature controlled where required
- Check stocks to see they are well managed, with incoming and dispatch registers, stock cards, inventories etc. as per WV warehousing standards
- Approve dispatch of orders (first in first out or oldest by use by date), donation of close to use by date and destruction of expired products
- Review and approve monthly consumption reporting and timely request of replacement
- Check quality and specifications of medical supplies based on packing lists and orders
- Ensure rational use of medical supplies – through prescription monitoring of MHNT
- Supervise the management and distribution of nutrition supplies
- Collate daily and weekly reports from the MHNT and the sub health centres and forward to the health and nutrition officer
- Collate the weekly CHW reports forward to H&N officer
- Review and submit consumption reports to H&N officer
- Update the local DoPH of locations and forward approved reports monthly
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards
- Adhere to WV accountability standards
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of Ghor urban and rural interventions
- KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- At least 2 years’ experience in provision of BPHS services and understanding of how MHNT operate.
- Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- B.A in medicine.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills,
- Demonstrable experience in child protection, child rights
- Strong monitoring skills
- Interpersonal, management and conflict resolution skills.
- Communication skills and knowledge of local communities.
- Understanding of Child Protection issues.
- Understanding of Gender issues
- good report writing skills.
- Ability to engage with different stakeholders and partners in the project site.
- Must have good attention to detail, all work must be checked.
- Fluency in Dari and/or Pashto, both written and spoken
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of MS Office and statistical programs
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Requirements Language
- Fluent in Dari & Pashtu English written and reading
The application closing date is 06-Aug-2022. Qualified applicants can apply for the position by filling in the online application form in WV Career portal. applicants can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to WV online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser.