- Salary Offer As per Organization Salary Scale
- Years of Experience Educated to graduate degree level in international development-related discipline (5 years’ experience) or a postgraduate (3 years’ experience)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 31 December, 2023
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference Partnership and Business Development Manager -Kabul-931
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Educated to graduate degree level in international development-related discipline
- close Date December 4, 2022
About ActionAid Afghanistan:
ActionAid is a global federation working for a world free from poverty and injustice. Currently operational in over 44 countries, we want to see a just, fair, and sustainable world, in which everybody enjoys the right to a life of dignity, and freedom from poverty and oppression. We work to achieve social justice and gender equality, and to eradicate poverty. In practice, this means working closely with people living in poverty and exclusion and with civil society organizations to deliver grounded programmes, provide emergency relief and campaign for women’s economic rights, tax justice and climate justice.
ActionAid works in 13 provinces of Afghanistan in the areas of Education, WASH, Women’s Rights, Food Security and Protection. We ensure that inclusion approaches are adopted in all our programmes so that women, people with disability and other excluded communities are able access our programmes.
Reports to: Country Director, ActionAid, Afghanistan
Number of Direct Reports: None for now, but likely going forward.
Budget Holding: NA
The incumbent shall be responsible for developing and implementing ActionAid Afghanistan’s Fundraising Strategy to deliver the Country Strategic Plan. S/He will be responsible for proposal and concept note development, management of information systems (CMS Management), quality assurance and of ensuring cost recovery in all proposals.
S/He will also be responsible for maintaining relationships with institutional Donors in the Country especially UN agencies, as well as building new donor relationships through donor scoping, donor relationship building and intelligence gathering on institutional donors, Corporates, Trusts and Foundations.
S/He will help coordinate business development processes with other teams throughout the ActionAid Federation, including but not limited to EU Partnership Team, Programme Team, Business Development Unit, ActionAid Affiliates, CMS Team, and other Federation Development staff.
S/He will develop partnerships with other organizations working in the humanitarian sector on resource mobilisation, including institutional donors, potential consortium partners, private sector organisations, INGO’s and relevant research institutions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Strategy and Business Development
- Support the Country Director with donor engagement strategy development and implementation, particularly aligning fundraising objectives to programme needs.
- Coordinate with other ActionAid structures including Regional Business Development Advisors, Regional Finance, Programmes, Quality assurance and Cost Recovery Team.
- Support ActionAid, Afghanistan to identify new business development opportunities through donor mapping, engagement and positioning; by developing high-quality funding proposals; and by working with the programme team to ensure quality programme delivery.
- Act as Bid Manager, developing content for grant proposals and complex contract opportunities
- Ensure the timely preparation of Proposals and budgets, ensuring that they deliver VFM and cost recovery
2. Partnership Building & Prepositioning
- Support ActionAid Afghanistan in resource Mobilization by developing a strategy on partnership building for Consortium development
- Conduct country level analysis to understand the funding environment / trends and help shape the direction of programming to ensure alignment
- Share analysis on funding opportunities, Pipeline Matrix, and pipeline health (proposal tracker) with regional and the country team to inform planning and pre-positioning;
- Actively participate in relevant donor meetings, networking events and cluster meetings to further develop funding relationships.
3. Contract Management and Donor Servicing
- Keep the Contract Management System updated
- Monitor the live projects and ensure timely submission of reports
- Ensure that any other donor requirements are met in time with quality
4. Capacity Building
- Build capacity of the programme team on the foundations of proposal development and contract management
- Coach and provide support to AAA staff in planning, securing, and managing restricted and unrestricted funds from institutional, high value donors.
- Educated to graduate degree level in international development-related discipline (5 years’ experience) or a postgraduate (3 years’ experience)
- IT skills including fluency in Microsoft Office suite and database usage;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken). Knowledge of an additional language preferably French or Persian would be desirable.
- Experience of living and working in similar contexts
- Demonstrated experience in developing funding strategies and delivering against targets.
- Proven track record of developing winning proposals for USAID, EC, UKAID, SIDA and UN.
- Proven experience in researching new funding opportunities and to make appropriate judgements about their potential to realise significant restricted funding.
- Experience of establishing and cultivating strong donor relationships that have delivered substantially increased income.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills: ability to be self-directed and take initiative
- Strong analytical and financial skills.
- Knowledge about Safeguarding is a requirement.
How to apply
The position has a planned start date of 1 January 2023 for 12 months. Extension is subject to resourcing.
Applicants with relevant work experience may send their Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com before 4 December,2022.
The CVs and Cover letters should mention the name of the Candidate and mention “Partnership and Business Development Manager -Kabul-931” in the Subject line of your Email.
Since Application will be evaluated on a rolling basis, Candidates are recommended to apply earlier than the last date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.