- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Years of Experience 3-5 years’ experience in genders, partners communications, public relations, media management, partnership development and production/publications.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 1-Year
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference CARE-AF-0675
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Minimum MA in any field relevant to development, i.e., education, economics, journalism, etc. or commensurate professional experience.
- close Date September 26, 2023
About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need. CARE, as an International Confederation of 13 member organizations is one of the world’s largest private humanitarian organizations working in more than 90 plus, countries committed to helping communities in the developing world achieve lasting victories over poverty.
- Summary of Key Functions
The position holder will be responsible to develop and manage CARE Afghanistan (CAFG) in strategic partnerships with external organizations to drive growth and achieve business objectives. You will be responsible for identifying potential partnership opportunities, negotiating, and closing partnership agreements, and maintaining strong relationships with partners. Your expertise in building and nurturing partnerships will contribute to the overall success and expansion of the organization. The role includes ensuring that the technical provisions of the scope are followed, partners have the capacity and required information to implement the project, and that CARE can comply with all donor requirements as given the project agreement. The position holder will be reporting to the Partnership and Liaison Manager and follow the following tasks but not limited to:
- Partnership Development, Negotiation and Agreements:
- Identify potential partnership opportunities aligned with the organisation’s goals and objectives.
- Play a key role in the development of external communications materials for partners to ensure partner visibility comply CARE and donor requirement.
- Support and facilitate conduction of DDA for the pre-identified potential partners and refer it to the PLM for further follow up with DCM and partner selection committee.
- Proactively reach out to potential partners to explore collaboration opportunities.
- Develop a deep understanding of partners’ business models, objectives, and needs.
- Facilitate and Lead negotiations and contract discussions to establish mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Collaborate and facilitate to draft and finalize partnership agreements.
- Ensure all partnership agreements are in compliance with organisation policies and legal requirements.
- Plan, develop and provide capacity building plan and initiative to build partner capacity.
- Refer any issues or concerns raised by partners during the negotiation process to the PLM.
- Relationship Management with partners:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with partners at various levels within respecting the organization standards and policies.
- Serve as the main point of contact for partners, addressing any questions or concerns promptly and refer the issues to PLM.
- Regularly communicate and collaborate with partners to ensure alignment and successful partnership execution.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of partnerships, providing regular reports/update to PLM.
- Coordinate with internal teams to activate and implement partnership initiatives and programs.
- Track partnership performance metrics and analyse data to assess the effectiveness of partnerships.
- Identify areas for improvement and work with partners to optimize partnership outcomes.
- Support and facilitate Partner management with close coordination of PLM and project officers under PLM department.
Key Results Expected
- Mapping partners for CAFG’s projects and build partnership with NGOs according to the organization policy.
- Strengthened formal and informal partnerships and Afghan Civil Society in coordination with programs.
- Institutional capacity building of partners in coordination with different programs and departments
- Building relationships with current and potential informal and formal partners
- Strengthening CAFG’s Due Diligence Process by adding Program Quality assessment components.
- Coordinate DDA for partnership selection with various departments and country leadership team, Decision Making Committee (DMC)/Partner Selection Committee
- Contribute program design and development ensuring localization and supporting women led organizations.
- Develop communications material (brochures, pamphlets, fact sheets, posters, banners, briefing papers, power point presentations, human-interest stories etc.) on CARE’s partnership work for external audiences focused on learning, fundraising, programs/projects briefings, CI member visits.
- Increase public understanding of CAFG’s partnership focus, specifically to targeted donor, government, and other interest groups.
2 Key relations
- Internal relations: Will collaborate closely with PLM, Program Coordinators, Communication Focal Points in sub offices, , FoC, Provincial Managers, DCDs and CD.
- External relations: With CARE local partners, local NGOs, CSOs and coordination bodies and Media.
3 Duty Locations: Kabul main office + travel to provinces.
Creative design; strong, clear communication skills and ability to present ideas effectively; Self- starter and independent organizer; Strong teamwork and inter-personal skills; Able to facilitate training; Negotiation and relationship skills; Gender sensitivity and cultural sensitivity
6 Skills and Experience:
Strong skill and experience in writing, translation, presentation, and interpretation and experienced working in diverse environment.
7 Education: Minimum MA in any field relevant to development, i.e., education, economics, journalism, etc. or commensurate professional experience.
8 Work Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in genders, partners communications, public relations, media management, partnership development and production/publications.
9 Languages Skills: Fluent both written and spoken English/Dari and Pashtu languages.
- Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (ACBAR: Application Form) along with updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications after the closing date (12:00 AM) and without CARE Application form will not be accepted.
- Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number in the Subject Line (Partnership Advisor CARE-AF-0675 Kabul) otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Background Check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
- People with Physical Disabilities and Women are highly encourage to apply.
- CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)