- Salary Offer As per organization salary policy
- Years of Experience 5 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Project Base
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HNTPO-17-05-2023/1
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education MD Specialization in (Medical)
- close Date May 30, 2023
About HealthNet TPO:
HealthNet TPO is a Netherlands based not for profit, non-governmental organization founded on the principle that access to affordable quality health care is a basic human right. HealthNet TPO works with interdisciplinary professionals to develop and implement innovative, culturally appropriate, evidence based public health interventions with a focus on: innovative development of health systems, mental health and psychosocial care, long and short term training of health workers, control of communicable diseases (including malaria), and health financing schemes. HealthNet TPO offers ground-breaking and unconventional solutions that foster self-reliance and promote sustainable health care that is accessible to all. HealthNet TPO in Afghanistan aims to improve the health status of the people in Afghanistan by supporting the local communities and the Government of Afghanistan in the development of a sustainable health care system. HealthNet TPO is working in Afghanistan since 1994, implementing integrated health projects managed mainly by national staff and supported technically by expatriate staff from the headquarter office. HealthNet TPO Afghanistan is providing Primary Health Care, Mental Health and psychosocial services, fighting malaria and supporting Mother & Child Health Care in terms of providing training for Community Midwifes and to conduct operation research. Health Net TPO is currently implementing projects in 22 provinces and the major program it implements are Malaria Control program, BPHS/EPHS, C-IMCI , CME, CHNE, public private partnership, nutrition, Mental Health and Psychosocial program through a community system strengthening approach.
- Consulting with patients and analyzing patient data to determine patient needs and treatment goals.
- Examining patients to diagnose bone, joint, ligament, or other musculoskeletal problems, including diseases, or injuries.
- Collaborating with other specialists, when necessary, to determine a course of treatment.
- Recording patient care by maintaining detailed notes of appointments with patients, including comments, tests, and/or treatments prescribed, and test results.
- Administering general and local anesthetics, when necessary.
- Performing surgical procedures on various parts of the musculoskeletal system, including plating broken bones, reattaching tendons and ligaments, or performing joint or hip replacements, among other procedures.
- Prescribing medication to improve recovery and control pain after surgical procedures.
- Referring patients to physical therapy, when necessary, or performing non-invasive procedures such as casting and splinting limbs.
- Monitoring ongoing progress and health of patients, and changing treatment plans, as necessary.
- Providing support and advice to patients receiving long-term care.
- Conducting research on defects, diseases, and disorders affecting the musculoskeletal system
- MD with specialization degree & approved by MoPH.
- 5 years of relevent working experience.
- Good English language skills. Computer skills are preferable.
- Flexible mentality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs along with an application letter and apply Via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure to write the number of vacancy and position you are applying for, in the subject line of your E-mail Add.
Incomplete applications or applications received after closing date will not be given consideration. Candidates who are meeting the above criteria will be shortlisted;