- Salary Offer as per org salary policy
- Experience 2 years
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration One Year Extendable
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference HNTPO-27-07-2021/01
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date August 5, 2021
- Education Registered eye specialist (Ophthalmologist)
About HealthNet TPO:
HealthNet TPO is a Netherlands based not for profit, non-governmental organization founded on the principle that access to affordable quality health care is a basic human right. HealthNet TPO works with interdisciplinary professionals to develop and implement innovative, culturally appropriate, evidence based public health interventions with a focus on: innovative development of health systems, mental health and psychosocial care, long and short term training of health workers, control of communicable diseases (including malaria), and health financing schemes. HealthNet TPO offers ground-breaking and unconventional solutions that foster self-reliance and promote sustainable health care that is accessible to all.
HealthNet TPO in Afghanistan aims to improve the health status of the people in Afghanistan by supporting the local communities and the Government of Afghanistan in the development of a sustainable health care system. HealthNet TPO is working in Afghanistan since 1994, implementing integrated health projects managed mainly by national staff and supported technically by expatriate staff from the headquarter office. HealthNet TPO Afghanistan is providing Primary Health Care, Mental Health and psychosocial services, fighting malaria and supporting Mother & Child Health Care in terms of providing training for Community Midwifes and to conduct operation research. Health Net TPO is currently implementing projects in 22 provinces and the major program it implements are Malaria Control program, BPHS/EPHS, C-IMCI, CME, CHNE, public private partnership, nutrition and Mental Health and Psychosocial program through a community system strengthening approach.
Provision of Eye consultation, diagnosis, and treatment services through eye camps to patients with eye problems. In addition, he/she is responsible for the management of the eye camp team, coordination of eye camp activities with the Provincial Public Health Directorate(s) and other provincial stakeholders, data management, reporting, pharmacy, and inventory management of eye camp.
- Prepare eye camp operational plan and properly implement it.
- Proper coordination, communication and awareness raising about eye camp services at provincial level.
- Proper setup of the eye camp to ensure easy access of the patients to the eye camp personnel and services.
- Daily management of the eye camp team, and making sure that each team member works appropriately according to eye camp plan.
- Provide daily OPD consultation to the patients with eye problems
- Select and schedule patients for the surgery
- Carry out eye surgeries in particular cataract surgeries
- Administration of local anesthesia for eye surgeries at eye camp
- Ensure proper infection prevention measures during OPD and operations.
- Follow up and cataract surgery outcome monitoring
- Referral of patients who need higher level of care
- Supervision of the eye camp team and activities to make sure that the team provides quality services
- Make sure that the medicine, medical supplies and equipment are rationally used.
- Health Education to patients and clients about eye problems, blindness and other health related issues
- Prepare daily/weekly report of the eye camp activities and share with the program and HIS/M&E departments of the organization
- Any other relevant tasks assigned by the line manager
– Registered eye specialist (Ophthalmologist)
– At least two years relevant experience after graduation from the ophthalmology residency program
– Able to travel to different provinces of the country for conducting eye camps
– Good communication and coordination skills
– Good leadership and team building skills
The initial contract will be till end of 2021, with the option to extend based on performance and donor funding. It is a non-dependent posting.
Interested and qualified national candidates are requested to send their application letters /CVs and apply via E-mail to email@example.com
Please ensure to write the number of vacancy and position you are applying for, in the subject line of your E-mail Add. Incomplete applications or applications received after closing date will not be given consideration. Candidates who are meeting the above criteria will be short listed.