- Salary Offer As per NTA Salary Scale (Grade D)
- Experience Verbal and written language skills in English requ
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration One year (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference R980
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date June 14, 2021
- Education Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
About (MSH) Management Sciences for Health (AFIAT):
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB: The Operations Specialist is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of logistics & administrative support for program activities. She or he works with the Provincial Operations Officer to facilitate and coordinate the arrangement of provincial as specified in the activity profile in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with and support provincial teams to prepare their activity profiles accurately for approval and then provide assistance to support execution.
- Support provincial teams in collecting and reviewing their documentation so that mobile money and electronic payments to participants and vendors can be executed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Calendar management, ensuring field conference rooms are booked and Meeting/conference/activity logistics and making sure to update the records regularly.
- Coordinate the approved field Activity Profiles making sure that materials, equipment, etc required for the activity are organized and ready for the activity.
- Coordinate gathering services for official functions within and outside the office location.
- Maintain a computerized inventory of all inventories belonging to MSH Afghanistan.
- Assist with implementation of inventory tracking system including use of inventory tags, movement of inventory and update of inventory register.
- Liable for the efficient running of the operations functions: logistics , administrative, Reception of visitors, photocopies and mail services, and translation services for invoices.
- Apply guidelines for the operation of programmed support functions; in certain, the functions of, reception, photocopies and mail services, travel, oversight of property management, supervision of cook and cleaners, and office maintenance.
- Prepare task roster for the cooks and cleaners, day-to-day supervision of property management including cook and cleaners and office maintenance. Ensure that the office and compound are clean and maintained at a routine schedule.
- Responsible for maintaining the supply of all admin forms and making them available for all offices
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to MSH Afghanistan.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years relevant experience
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- Verbal and written language skills in English required
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to learn complex program procedures
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Excellent memo composition and editing skills
- Familiar with internet search engines and able to undertake background search on well-defined tasks
- Able to work independently by managing priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices
- Excellent command of written and verbal English
- Takes initiative and can start/complete tasks with basic direction
- Excellent Computer knowledge. Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point 2007 and knowledge of Google platform.
- Learn how to use organization’s intranet site to find organizational guidance.
- Consistently looks for ways to improve customer service to the program teams to better support activities.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent communication and problems solving skills.
- Strong office and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants
Interested candidates should go apply through the below link and submit an application form for positions they are suitably qualified for.
Please click the employment opportunities tab and select Afghanistan from the list of countries. A list of positions will appear, please select those you wish to apply for. Candidates who do not apply through the above-mentioned link will not be considered for the shortlist. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap.
Note: The deadline for applications is for two weeks. However, interviews of suitable candidates may begin as applications are received. Please apply early.