- Salary Offer As per NTA salary Scale
- Experience 4 years of relevant work experience
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 1 years with extension
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference R1151
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date July 31, 2021
- Education Bachelor degree
About (MSH) Management Sciences for Health:
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a global health non-profit that makes foundational changes to health systems to protect people from diseases and improve their health. MSH collaborates with local partners, from the Ministry to the community, to strengthen and complement existing health systems. Since 1971, MSH has worked in more than 150 countries to help ensure sustainable, resilient, and equitable access to quality health care around the globe.
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labour Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Operations Officer is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of logistics provided by providing support for program activities. She or he works with the Operations Manager to facilitate and coordinate the arrangement of provincial as specified in the activity profile in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with and support provincial teams to prepare their activity profiles accurately for approval and then provide assistance to support execution.
- Support provincial teams in collecting and reviewing their documentation so that mobile money and electronic payments to participants and vendors can be executed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with security, procurement, finance and program team to support activities so that they are fully compliant with MSH policy & procedures and USAID regulations.
- Track provincial activities and maintain a calendar of activities.
- Calendar management, ensuring Kabul conference rooms are booked and Meeting/conference/activity logistics and making sure to update the records regularly.
- Coordinate the approved Kabul Activity Profiles making sure that materials, equipment, etc required for the activity are organized and ready for the activity.
- Coordinate catering services for official functions within and outside the office location.
- Ensure that activity operations are managed, and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract/award and donor requirements, and comply with MSH policies and standard operating procedures.
- Creatively and swiftly resolve problems so that activities are not hindered.
- Track vendor contracts, blanket POs and leases for all provinces, insuring that they are treated prior to expiration.
- Collaborate with provinces to prepare and review invoices and documentation for payment.
- Provide orientation on activity logistics to new staff as requested in your role as Operations Officer.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
– Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- Verbal and written language skills in English required
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to learn complex program procedures
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Excellent memo composition and editing skills
- Familiar with internet search engines and able to undertake background search on well-defined tasks
- Able to work independently by managing priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices
- Excellent command of written and verbal English
- Takes initiative and can start/complete tasks with basic direction
- Excellent Computer knowledge. Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point 2007 and knowledge of Google platform.
- Learn how to use organization’s intranet site to find organizational guidance.
- Ability to multi task and organize ongoing projects, looking for ways to become more efficient in completing tasks
- Consistently looks for ways to improve customer service to the program teams to better support activities.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent communication and problems solving skills.
- Strong office and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
Interested candidates should apply through the below link and submit an application form for positions they are suitably qualified for.
Please click the employment opportunities tab and select Afghanistan from the list of countries. A list of positions will appear, please select those you wish to apply for. Candidates who do not apply through the above-mentioned link will not be considered for the shortlist. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. While applying to his vacancy, please make sure you submit your application with your own complete name.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap.
Note: Interviews of suitable candidates may begin as applications are received. Please apply early.