- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 3 years
- Number of Vacancies: 3
- Contract Duration Not Specified
- Contract Type Not Specified
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference AUB/HR/023-019
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Master's Degree
- close Date April 4, 2023
About Afghan United Bank
Afghan United Bank is a local bank, licensed by the Afghanistan Central Bank in 2007. Currently this bank has 27 branches across the country. The bank provides various banking products to its clients and customers including Islamic Banking.
The Branch Operations Manager is responsible for directing all operational aspects including distribution, customer service, human resources, administration and sales in accordance with the bank’s objectives. He reports to the Branch Manager and acts as the main custodian of the branch. The Branch Operation Manager works in accordance to create and maintain appropriate levels of focus, operational integrity and control strategies for the branch. He is also responsible for acceptable audit results and adherence to legal, corporate and regulatory procedures and continuous process improvement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing the operations of the branch on a day-to-day basis. Responsible for operational planning, organizing, and strategizing the daily operations.
- Ensuring that branch operations are compliant with the laid down policies and procedures.
- Recommending strategic changes to improve branch performance or implement new products or services
- Managing staff who handle customer requests for information about products or services offered by the bank.
- Managing staff who work directly with customers including transaction processing. Ensures that all the transactions are in line of the laid down policies and procedures.
- Ensuring cash management and remittance in the branch as per policy.
- Supervising account opening section and ensuring timely processing of account opening forms and other customer instructions.
- Handles customer queries and complaints regarding operational issues.
- Prepares Branch for audits and ensure branch is in constant state of audit readiness.
- Reviewing sales reports and other business metrics to identify problem areas that need improvement
- Conducting training sessions on topics such as fraud prevention, security awareness, and customer service
- Identifying opportunities for increasing revenue through cross-selling products and services such as loans, credit cards, and other services
- Monitoring the performance of staff members to ensure they meet goals and adhere to bank’s policies.
- Address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly
- Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all regulations/applicable laws
- Other job-related tasks as assigned by the management.
- University degree, preferably in Business Management field.
- At least 3 years of branch operations experience in managerial level.
- Familiarity with industry’s rules and regulations.
- Sufficient knowledge of modern management techniques and best practices
- Possesses good organizational skills
- Reporting and data analysis skills
- Ability to analyze and improve processes.
- Ability to meet targets and goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer literacy.
- Professional and innovative.
- Persuasiveness and disciplined.
- Possesses problem solving and decision-making skills.
Interested candidates who deem themselves suitable for this position can submit their application (CV, Cover Letter, and recent photo) electronically to the bellow mentioned email. Please include the position and vacancy number in the subject line of your email as per the following:
– Operation Manager – AUB/HR/023-019 – Bamyan
– Operation Manager – AUB/HR/023-019 – Zabul
– Operation Manager – AUB/HR/023-019 – Kapisa
Those candidates who will not include the above-mentioned lines in the subject line of their emails, their applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for test & interview