- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 5 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 6 month(s)
- Contract Type Service Contract
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 06-2022
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- close Date November 26, 2022
About Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations:
FAO Afghanistan is investing, across all 34 provinces, in resilience reinforcing actions that focus on protecting agriculture livelihoods and local ecosystems, boosting local production of nutritious foods and cash-incomes, and safeguarding critical agriculture sectoral development gains achieved over the past couple of decades through revitalizing rural markets and economy. In 2022-2023, FAO will, under the life-saving assistance Outcome (1) of the UN Transitional Engagement Framework (TEF), focus on the following four priority actions: (i) Safeguarding Wheat Seed Security, (ii) Enhancing Local Production of Nutritious Food, (iii) Livestock Protection and Dairy Sector Support, and (iv) Restoring Irrigation Structures to Boost Cash Incomes. Additionally, FAO will contribute towards resilience building activities under Outcome 2 of the TEF.
FAO Afghanistan are specifically seeking a female applicant for the position of Office Cleaner.
This is a National Project Personnel position – SB1.
The Office Cleaner will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative, and the direct supervision of the Regional Coordinator.
Provision of cleaning support to FAO premise.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the proper cleanness of the office premises;
- Clean offices, corridors, toilets, and workshop venue and the office environment at all the times;
- Ensure hygienic standard of sanitary facilities;
- Provide day-to-day assistance to the office staff to ensure good working condition by maintaining cleanness of office equipment including the office furniture and computers;
- Provide hospitality for the office visitors;
- Assist the office with outgoing/incoming pouch and provide other clerical tasks as needed;
- Daily cleaning of all waste paper, wastage and garbage as per on-the-spot instructions from in and around the offices and their disposal outside the building in a proper and environment friendly manner at the roadside dustbin or at the designated places(s);
- Keeps office room floors, surfaces, furniture, walls, doors, windows, carpets clean and hygienic;
- Report on the stock status of toilet rolls, soaps, washing liquid etc.;
- Maintain organization of paper, documents, and clean desks and offices;
- Provide logistical assistance during workshops, seminar and trainings including arrangement of tea break/lunches.
- Carry out services such as: movement of files, dispatch of paper/mail within the offices, loading/unloading including movement of office supplies and goods, making photocopies and other tasks as assigned by FAO staff and project administrative focal point;
- Assist the Office Guards in checking and making sure that all office equipment, lights, ACs, heaters are switched off after official working hours
- Report for duty as and when necessary (on call);
- Perform any other related duties as required.
- Completion of Primary Education; Secondary Education is desirable;
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience in cleaning office premise for large international organizations;
- Good knowledge of English (intermediate level, both spoken and written) language;
- Excellent knowledge of local languages (Pashto and Dari), both spoken and written;
- National of Afghanistan.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of cleaning rules and regulations;
- Security training will be consider as an advantage;
- Previous work experience with the UN is considered a strong asset;
- Attention to detail to ensuring hygienic standard of facilities at all the times;
- Ability to organize documents in office space, and replenish supplies;
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with other staff/colleagues from different cultural backgrounds and with relevant counterparts.
FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
If you are in possession of language certificate/s from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT), please attach the certificate/s when submitting the application.
For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Afghan nationals should complete the FAO Personal History Form (PHF) and submit it along with their application letter and CV to the email address below, clearly mentioning the vacancy number and post title (Office Cleaner – 06-2022) in the subject line of the email; otherwise, your email will not be considered for further process.
The FAO PH Form can be downloaded using the following internet link:
NOTE: Applicants who failed to attach the FAO Personal History Form (PHF) to their Application will not be considered for further process.
The last date for receiving applications is 09 Nov 2022. Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test/interview.