- Salary Offer As per Organization Salary Policy
- Experience Not mandatory
- Number of Vacancies 2
- Contract Duration 18 months
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference CIH-005-2021
- Gender Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility NO
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date May 22, 2021
- Education MD degree with OBGYN specialization certificate
About Cure Hospital – Afghanistan:
Cure Hospital, is a charitable foundation dedicated to meeting the medical needs of economically disadvantaged patients and their families. The purpose of Cure Hospital, Kabul is to provide excellent health services and training in the health provision. Cure Hospital has been present in Afghanistan since February 2005. We have training programs in Family medicine, OB/GYN, pathology, and general surgery all of which are recognized by the MOP.
The Cure Hospital Family Medicine Residency program is a MoPH recognized, 3-years residency program to train young doctors to be Specialists in Family Medicine. During the 3 years, residents will rotate (at Cure Hospital), through internal medicine, general surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, OB/GYN, OPD, Sonography, Anesthesia and other specialties as appropriate. Following successful completion of the program, the doctors will be required to work for two years in a needy area in Afghanistan.
Family Medicine Residency Program Objectives:
The Family Medicine program has long term initiatives aimed at capacity building and enhancing executive and professional skill of national doctors in order to help them understand and practice evidence based medicine, thus improving the quality of medical care and health education received by all patients regardless of age or gender, throughout Afghanistan. The program’s long-term objectives are:
• To establish Family Medicine as a recognized medical specialty in
• To provide well-educated and skilled family medicine doctors who can
manage over 80% of the diagnoses presenting at the OPD.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the OBGYN Fellowship Training ProgramDirector and other OBGYN attending, the OBGYN fellows are responsible for:
- Daily ward rounds on their patients and the continued daily care of the patients
- OPD duties including continuity care clinics and community health
- Participation in surgeries, developing skills and abilities
- Attendance at daily teaching sessions – morning report and lunch hour lectures
- Special projects – case presentations and audit/ research projects
- Night duties at the hospital
- The candidate must have attended and qualified, with a degree in medicine, a University recognised by the Ministry of Higher Education and Ministry of Public Health.
- The candidate must have attended and qualified from an OBGYN residency program recognized by the Ministry of Public Health
- Flexibility and willingness to take on other tasks as delegated by the OBGYN fellowship program director / medical director.
- Good communication (verbal and written) and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team.
- The candidate must be able to communicate well in English, both spoken and written.
- The candidate should ideally be computer literate in Microsoft applications e.g. Word, Excel and Power Point etc.
- Candidate should be in good general health.
Submission guidelines :
Applicants meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit:
1. An application letter and CV.
2. A copy of MOPH certified Diploma
All applications MUST be accompanied with CVs should be submitted to:
The HR Department at Cure Hospital, Kabul
Add. Darulaman Road, Near to Darulaman Palace, Kabul Afghanistan.
Or by email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line MUST be: OBGYN Fellow