- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Years of Experience one year experience in the field of nutrition, 2 years’ experience in other BPHS
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference Nutrition officer-BMN-PHT01
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period Not Specified
- Education Registered MD, passing nutrition trainings
- close Date August 17, 2022
About AKHS-A (Aga Khan Health Service-Afghanistan):
Aga Khan Health Service, Afghanistan (AKHS,A), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), is a long-term partner of the ‘Ministry of Public Health, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan’ for the implementation of “Basic Package of Health Services” in three provinces (Baghlan, Bamyan and Badakhshan), and implementation of Essential Package of Hospital Service (EPHS) in Badakhshan and Bamyan province. AKHS-A is implementing three Community Midwifery Education Program Schools each in Bamyan, Badakhshan and Baghlan.
- Developing plans of implementation of IMAM at HF levels.
- Assist in training need assessment on nutrition in the catchment’s area of AKHS.
- Monitor from implementation status of IMAM services including MAM, SAM, IYCF counselling and Growth Monitoring (including BF corner), Nutrition Screening at HF and community level and reporting status of the HFs.
- Ensuring that consultation, diagnosis and treatment of malnourished patients as per the IMAM protocol is done by all HFs.
- Ensuring Preparation and submission of monthly TSFP supply’s requests for WFP and quarterly TFU supply’s requests for UNICEF.
- Ensuring that Food commodities under WFP grant and TFU supply by UNICEF are received timely and distributed to all target HFs.
- Ensuring that all food stocks at all target HFs and districts are well functional and suitable for storage of food commodities.
- Ensuring that all nutrition related data such as MAM monthly statistical reports, SAM statistical monthly reports, IYCF and GM reports are collected and entered in the online database and informing the related manager at national office and PND.
- Ensure recording of all nutrition related data by maintaining appropriate filing system and nutrition project documents.
- Ensure to attend in all nutrition related coordination meetings at PND, WFP and UNICEF.
- Ensure to provide quarterly presentations or need based presentations on nutrition achievements and status.
- Strengthening the knowledge of IMAM workers regarding the best approach for program coverage
- Conduct regular supportive supervision of the health facilities and CHWs in order to ensure smooth implementation of nutrition projects at HF levels.
- Ensure that adequate IMAM related supplies are available according to caseload estimations for each HF.
- Coordinate with the Heads of Clinics, CHSs and other stakeholders to ensure outreach activities, referral and follow up is conducted.
- Coordination for nutrition assessments (SMART, SLEAC, SQUEAC) entire the province.
Fulfil any other assignment given by his/her supervisor
Education: Registered MD, passing nutrition trainings
Work Experience: one year experience in the field of nutrition, 2 years’ experience in other BPHS
- Familiarity with BPHS and Nutrition program
- Computer operation skills
- familiarity with English language Technical Skills
- Familiarity with IMAM package and passing of SOP TOT training
- Ability to use MS Office program in computer
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of local dialect and environment
Qualified applicants who are exactly suitable with above criteria are requested to send their Applications + CVs and clearly mention the job title and vacancy number in the subject line: (Nutrition officer-BMN-PHT01) otherwise their application will not be considered.
Note:Applications are reviewed on active bases and after receiving sufficient eligible applications we may process the position before closing date.
Aga Khan Health Service, Afghanistan strives to promote diversity as well as provide an equal employment opportunity to each candidate, regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, language, marital status, origin, political affiliation, religion, sex, or social status’.
Aga khan Health Service- Afghanistan is an equal opportunities employer. Female are encouraged to apply.
AKHS is concerned about the climate and environmental crises we face and is doing everything possible to reduce our own impact, encouraging others to do the same, and advancing understanding in this field. AKHS has set itself the task of getting as close to net-zero carbon operations as possible by 2030. We expect all staff to contribute to achieving these aims in the context of their roles. We encourage applicants with previous experience or an interest in this field to appl