- Salary Offer 0219-28-2022-IMCKBL
- Years of Experience Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience.
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Duration 5 Months with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 0219-28-2022-IMCKBL
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Graduated from recognized Nursing institute
- close Date August 8, 2022
About International Medical Corps:
international Medical Corps (IMC) is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief programs. IMC is carrying out medical relief services in several provinces of Afghanistan.
This position is depends on grand approval by IMC Roster
SCOPE OF WORK:
The nutrition nurse works at Hospital to predominantly deliver nutrition services to patients. She/he assumes responsibility and accountability for their practice, applying up to date knowledge and skills in caring for each patient.
- Responsible for the overall case management of SAM and MAM cases in both inpatient and outpatient departments
- Admission of eligible children in outpatient treatment of server acute malnutrition
- Admission of eligible children in inpatient treatment of server acute malnutrition
- Checking the appetite of children for the ready to use therapeutic food
- Daily follow up of children in weight gaining and complication in inpatient
- Regular follow up of server acutely malnourished children in outpatient
- Preparing the f100 and f75 milks and feeding of the children regularly
- Transferring children from stabilization phase to transitional and rehabilitation phases according to criteria and health conditions
- Provides direct nursing care to patients including dressing catheterization vital signs and medications in therapeutic food unit.
- Ensure comprehensive health checks and treatment according to the protocols to nutrition cases detected;
- Involvement of mother in the care
- Improvement of health maternal nutrition education through the counselling and education sessions
- Psychosocial support of mother or caregivers for supporting them in breastfeeding and care giving
- Doing the food demonstration on regular basis.
- Implementation of alternative therapeutic milks when shortages and stock out happens
- Assessment of children anthropometry on regular basis on both inpatients and out patients
- Filling the TSS MSS treatment sheets while feeding and checking the health condition of malnourished children
- Work closely with the medical doctors and pediatrics in the planning and organizing TFU OPD SAM/SFP services hospital
- In coordination with the medical doctors Pediatrics and Medical Unit ensure adequate availability of all food supplies in health facility
- Preparing the monthly report of IPD and OPD SAM
- Updating the internal stock cards
- Arrangement of health education sessions and counselling for each caregivers
- Report on progress and any problems in a timely manner
- Any other duties that may be assigned by line supervisors
- Coordination with the CHS for the defaulter tracing and referral of malnourished cases.
Safeguarding policy for Staff:
- Respect and follow International Medical Corps Safeguarding policy and never neglect, abuse, harm and exploit children, young people, and adult at risk,
- Report any actual or suspicious harm to the children and vulnerable adult caused by staff and program.
- Graduated from recognized Nursing institute
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience.
- Ability to lead, train, supervise and facilitate other nursing staff and community health workers in their respective tasks.
- Ability and flexibility to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with the local health representatives.
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies
- Skills to provide sensitive and appropriate counseling, strong communication skills.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure in a stressful environment, displaying patience, compassion and diplomacy.
- Ability to be innovative, flexible, adaptive, and willingness to work out of hours, sometimes throughout the night.
- Ability to live in challenging conditions and ability to work under difficult, high-pressure situations.
- FEMALE applicants are strongly encouraged to apply
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Please note that:
- IMC commits to a fair and transparent recruitment procedure.
- IMC will conduct his recruitment on the base of need only.
- Only HR department will contact you during the recruitment process.
- IMC may keep data of your application for its pool of candidate and might propose you other position than the one you applied for based on your qualification.
- Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted & local applicants from the same province are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link:
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
Make sure that you have Entered All Education, Work Experiences Details Completely, Accurate & at the end of the application you press Submit.
Preference will be given to local residence applicants.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.