- Salary Offer As Per WVA Salary Scale
- Experience Two years working in the nutrition program
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 5.5 Months
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference WVA1125
- Gender Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date June 15, 2021
- Education Graduated from nursing or midwifery program
About World Vision International:
World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than 15 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
There are five strategic sectors that World Vision Afghanistan is focusing upon in order to achieve this: Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Protection, WASH and Livelihoods.
World Vision Afghanistan is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees, volunteers, and all its affiliates to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. WV takes diligent measures to screen out all people who might seek to use WV to harm children or adult beneficiaries, or whose past actions indicate an unacceptable risk of such harm. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedures include extensive identification checks and an appropriate criminal record/police background check and disclosure of criminal records prior to employment or engagement with WV in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent
Note: ( It is subject to Donor’s Approval)
- The Nutrition nurse will be posted in the nutrition ward of the Pediatric hospital nutrition ward to actively admit and provide the Inpatient Services for SAM with complication and follow up the cases after discharge and will actively admit the severely acute malnourished children as per IMAM, IPD SAM guidelines to Pediatric ward.
- Actively admit the severely acutely malnourished children as per IMAM, IPD SAM guidelines to the pediatric ward.
- Carry out admission, surveillance, and follow-up of patients on daily basis.
- Ensure all SAM patient records fully completed and adhered to the accepted nutrition standard for IPD SAM center.
- Participate in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- To accurately measure and record MUAC, weights, heights, and lengths of the beneficiaries according to the nutrition criteria.
- Prepare nutrition counseling to clients as per MoPH nutrition guidelines or policy.
- Calculate nutrition supplies required for SAM in the inpatient ward.
- Taking care of malnourished children in all three phases from admission till discharge.
- Document/develop the project success stories.
- Ensure proper referral mechanism.
- Filling the IMAM report template on monthly basis and report to World Vision.
- Restock field supplies as necessary.
- Fully implement the IMAM guideline for IPD SAM.
- Check the stock make consumption report and request for new supplies.
- To maintain all equipment in good working order and report any problems or needs.
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of (AHF-Nutrition 2nd 2021) interventions.
Required Education, Experience, training, license, registration, and certification:
- At least two years working in the nutrition programs health facilities
- Graduated from nursing or midwifery program.
- Very good communication with staff & clients.
- Knowledge of Dari language is essential
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Diploma in nutrition is preferred.
- Ability to work with malnutrition case
- Ability to do the triage methods
- Communication skills and knowledge of local communities.
- Flexibility for work.
- Ability to travel within the work environment
- Pashto Language is preferred.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
- Herat (office, Medicine Store)
- Pediatric hospital of Herat province.
- Night duty will be in place in accordance with the Pediatric hospital schedule
The application closing date is 15-Jun-2021. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA1125) also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
- Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1125) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
Phone +93 402231174 | Mobile:+93 799 838 452
Please kindly note: As a mitigation measure, and in order to prevent COVID-19 from spreading, during this time we would not be able to receive hard copies of CVs / Applications. We kindly encourage you to apply online.
منحیث یکی از تدابیر پیشگیرانه و برای جلوگیری از انتشار ویروس کرونا، در جریان این مدت، ما نمیتوانیم درخواستی ها و خلص سوانح شما را به شکل چاپی دریافت کنیم. از همه شما خواهشمندیم تا از طریق آنلاین درخواستی خود را برایمان ارسال کنید