- Salary Offer As per salary scale
- Address Adraskan
- Years of Experience At least one-year experience in the provision of Nutrition counselling services. Experience with IDPs will be a plus point
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration April 31, 2023
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference CARE-AF-0445
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 2 Months
- Education A diploma in Nutrition counselling or received nutrition initial training Counselling, or from a recognized entity
- close Date February 1, 2023
About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need. CARE, as an International Confederation of 13 member organizations is one of the world’s largest private humanitarian organizations working in more than 90 plus, countries committed to helping communities in the developing world achieve lasting victories over poverty.
- Reports to Medical doctor in mobile health team
- Collaborates with: Members of the Mobile Health Team (MHT), and the ECHO Project staff
- Actively contributes to MHT and ECHO Project Team Meeting at field level, field level.
KEY RESULT EXPECTED
- Participate in the development of professional, effective and appropriate Nutrition programming, including direct individual and group counseling support.
- Receive cases in needs of Nutrition supports from IDPs Camp Community level about Covid-19
- To fill all relevant forms related to clients such as Case intake form authorization letter and consent form
- To be tactful and having strong interpersonal skills and communication.
- At least 2 years’ experience of work as a clinical Nutrition counsellor
- Holding Nutrition counsellor diploma or initial training certificate
- Increase both districts IDPs and local community awareness about Covid-19 through regular health education and dialogue at community level
- Keeping all records confidential
- To facilitate IDPs and host community shock affected individual and community with mobile team.
- To work closely with the IDPs and local community to detect shock affected individuals and get into Women Friendly Space to offer counselling or referral assistance.
- To conduct a regular, follow up of the IDPs and local community Coronavirus victim’s cases refereed out
- To insure confidentiality including all client records are safe and secure at the session
- Try best to protect IDPs and local community from further harm.
- To assist target community in designing a Safety Plan for life threatening situations
- To follow procedures ensuring the confidentiality of the target community in session
- Report on weekly monthly and quarterly basis and ad hoc to immediate supervisor.
- Attend all relevant meetings requested by supervisor relevant to the project goals.
- Assist in other duties at the community mobilization requested by supervisor.
- Maintaining close relationship with other partner organizations working with in the districts and provinces.
- A diploma in Nutrition counselling or received nutrition initial training Counselling, or from a recognized entity
- At least one-year experience in the provision of Nutrition counselling services. Experience with IDPs will be a plus point
- Good report writing and communication skills
- A team player with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain professionalism in services delivery and ethics
- Experience in case management including management of case conferences
- Fluency in spoken and written Dari and Pashtu is a requirement. English Language skills is a plus point
- Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (ACBAR: Application Form) along with updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications after the closing date (12:00 AM) and without CARE Application form will not be accepted.
- Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number in the Subject Line (Nutrition Counselor CARE-AF-0445 Herat) otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Background Check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
- People with Physical Disabilities and Women are highly encourage to apply.
- CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)