- Salary Offer Salary and Benefits are according to Internal SCA salary scale
- Years of Experience • At least 2 years working experience at the relevant field preferably with an NGO
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration The position is Fixed term
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HRM/MRMO 100-22
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education • Graduate from 12 class is required, the holder of Bachler degree is preferred
- close Date November 30, 2022
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan:
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programs concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is over 6,000. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming, and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The kindergarten teacher is overall responsibility for education and takes care of the children of the staff and psychosocial counsellor trainees staying in the training centre during the day.
Kindergarten teacher is responsible for a child first education experience. So, their role often stretches beyond just being a teacher, their teaching focuses on introducing basic subjects and concepts, such as colours, shapes, and basic math, but also includes encouraging social skills and student participation.
- Design and follow a complete teaching plan
- Must be able to train other teachers in the teaching methods and caring for other children
- Teach alphabet and numeracy along with personal, social, and emotional skills.
- Use a variety of activities and instructional methods (songs, stories, media, structured games, art, and outdoor activities to motivate and stimulate children’s abilities.
- Monitor children’s interactions and nurture cooperation and sharing.
- Follow and comply with teaching standards and safety regulation
- Inform Supervisor about any requests pertaining to the wellbeing of children from the mothers.
- Inform supervisor about addition of any children at the nursery.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Graduate from 12 class is required, the holder of Bachler degree is preferred
- At least 2 years working experience at the relevant field preferably with an NGO
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV to through the link below:
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and/or interview.
- Applications after the given deadline is not accepted.
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.