- Salary Offer As per organization policy
- Years of Experience At least two years of experience in a similar position
- Number of Vacancies: 7
- Contract Duration Short term
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference JHP-UHI-252
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Certified Nurse
- close Date January 28, 2023
Program Description: The USAID funded Urban Health Initiative (UHI) Program’s goal is to improve health outcomes of people living in urban areas, particularly focusing on the health of women and children and other vulnerable populations. Interventions aim to increase demand, access and quality of health services. Lead by Jhpiego and implemented by a dynamic consortium of organizations, UHI is implemented in five cities in Afghanistan – Kabul, Herat, Mazar-e-Sharif, Jalalabad and Kandahar.
The Position of Nurse will be based in UHI priority HFs of Kabul city and will work to provide patient care at OPD, IPD, operation theatre and Emergency units of the HFs
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
At least two years of experience in a similar position
- Ability to work successfully in teams, across a diverse team in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Strong skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including strong writing, analytical and communication skills in Dari, Pashtu and English (preferable)
Please send your CV to Recruitment-AF@jhpiego.org. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org. Note: Please mention the job title and vacancy number of the position on your email subject line otherwise your application may not be considered . The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer!