- Salary Offer NTA
- Experience Master’s degree with 3 years of relevant experience and Bachelor degree with 5 years of relevant experience;
- Number of Vacancies 5
- Contract Duration One Year
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference ALASP/C-108
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date August 10, 2021
- Education Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Political Science, or any other relevant discipline
About Ministry of urban development and land:
Based on 107 decree dated 1397/9/10 of President of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Afghanistan Land Authority was merged with Ministry of Urban Development and Housing under the name of “Ministry of Urban Development and Land” (MUDL) wherein deputy ministry of land was established under ministry.
The Afghanistan Land Administration Project (ALASP) is designed within a programmatic framework, considering the land administration challenges faced by the country. These challenges create the need to build over time a clearer and comprehensive policy and legal enabling framework, institutional and technical capacity, professional knowledge and experience, technology, and systems, as well as adequate Cadastre and property registry information. Drawing on the overall framework of the IDPL, the project will focus on critical building blocks required to develop a modern land administration system in the country, while allowing MUDL and other relevant stakeholders, including municipalities and local communities, to gain experience in implementing land survey, registration and other land-market-related activities in two of the IDPL’s selected cities, namely Kabul and Herat. Moreover, building upon the work led by UN Habitat, the project will support the issuance of land Occupancy Certificates (OCs) to informal urban population ensuring a systematic approach to land tenure rights. Emphasizing modern technological approaches and global good practices suitable to the Afghan context, subsequent phases would help expand systematic land survey and registration to other urban, and eventually rural areas, as MUDL capacity is strengthened at the provincial level and new land policies and laws are made operational. This would further help decentralize land administration services and build citizens’ trust at the local level. In addition, the transition from deed to title registration will continue as well as the development of national capacity for land survey and valuation. Subsequently, the Land Information System (LIS) would be made fully interoperable with other relevant information systems in the country, leading in time to the eventual establishment of a National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI).
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent shall undertake the following responsibilities under direct supervision of the of the Project director and technical supervision of the Senior OC Program Manager and directorate of Urban Development and Land. He/She will also be responsible to ensure close collaboration and communication with the Director of Urban Development and Land to ensure the OC process is continued with all due national policies and relevant regulations. Specifically, he/she will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Develop and ensure implementation of the provincial implementation plan which should outlining responsibilities of the involved entities and the geographical coverage of the OC issuance process in all selected provinces.
- Lead provincial team on the entire OC issuance process (initiate, implement & complete) in accordance with the OC regulation and any other relevant policy or legal instrument of the country.
- Lead provincial teams on acquiring data from targeted districts for OC issuance to ensure timely delivery of the OC certificate to all eligible beneficiaries.
- Establish effective coordination between Provincial PRUIS/OC Department and contractors’ team at districts and Nahia level to ensure timely and properly delivery of inputs for implementation of OC.
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of the Occupancy Certificate distribution based on legal documents of OC in the provinces.
- Organize/participate coordination meetings and present OC progress to relevant government institutions at provincial level.
- Strengthen collaboration of involved provincial entities such as municipalities and other government entities to prevent unnecessary delays in the OC issuance process.
- Formation and maintenance of Provincial Coordination Committee (PCC) for better implementation of the OC activities.
- Ensure that concerns of the provincial staff are communicated to the management of the ALSP project and DML management.
- Ensure the functionality of the project GRM system to ensure complaints and quires
- Visit the targeted areas/districts/sub-districts and Guzar to monitor OC distribution and oversee the process of OC issuance.
- Monitor the daily operation of OC issuance and outreach activities in the provinces.
- Identify both existing and potential issues and bottlenecks that affect smooth implementation of program delivery, report it to ALASP OC team and take the required action.
- Coordinate with line directorate teams and NGO responsible for public outreach of the program to ensure relevant information are conveyed and disseminated in timely manner through a medium that they understand and have access to.
- Review information which will be deiminated by the assigned NGO to ensure the intended information highlights/captures the process of OC issuance including relevant process in sufficient details.
- Ensure that the venue for information discloser is widely promoted to ensure wider access and better understanding of the OC issuance process.
- Monitoring Beneficiary Identification process, conflict resolution, invoice printing and distribution and ensure timely payment of invoices.
- Lead and guide the technical staff of PRUIS/OC provincial office to normally implement activities and foster effective and continues learning environment.
- Provide on time consultation, advice, provision of project information for the government counterpart,
- Work closely with other department/unit in the provision of district maps, best practices in the use of GPS data collection devices and post-processing.
- Ensure and coordinate with ALASP Gender and Social team members that all stakeholders including women are being consulted on OC activities and their consultations are being reflected in the reports.
- Provide support and facilitate capacity building of MUDL/OC provincial departments to enhance their capacity to gradually take on full responsibility for implementation of OC program.
- Support the Senior OC program Manager in preparing of template and documents, procedures, system for OC issuance and enhance coordination with PRUIS/OC units to ensure timely delivery of input used for issue of OC.
- Organize workshops to public representatives, newly hired staff, and relevant government authorities at provincial level.
- Work closely with Civil Servant teams, build their capacity in the related fields, work towards a transition plan before the end of contract and submit to relevant departments.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress report based on OC Regulation, procedures, and the legal requirement program in the province.
- Any other tasks as per requirements and delegation of line managers or ALASP Project Director.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Political Science, or any other relevant discipline,
- Master’s degree with 3 years of relevant experience and Bachelor degree with 5 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in a managerial position in Government/donor-funded projects is an advantage
- Ability to cope well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Sound organizational skills and ability to prioritize and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under severe time pressures.
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Conflict Management Skills
- People Management
- Reporting Skills
- Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills
- Communication Skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Fluent oral and written skills in English.
- Fluent in Pashto/Dari
Qualified and interested Afghan nationals are requested to send their application, including a LETTER OF INTEREST plus PROFISSIONAL CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please mention the POSITION AND VACANCY NUMBER in your email subject and in your cover letter, OTHERWISE the application will not be accepted.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted for the written test or interview.
Female Candidates are Highly Encouraged to Apply.