- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 2 - 3 years
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Duration 1 year
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference AWCC/HR/23/VA/041
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education High School
- close Date March 25, 2023
About Afghan Wireless Communication Company
Afghan Wireless is Afghanistan’s first wireless communications company. When it began operations in 2002, we founded Afghanistan’s mobile communications industry by being the first enterprise to offer cell phone service to Afghan consumers and businesses. For well over a decade, Afghan Wireless has driven the rapid growth of our nation’s communications market, through its innovative development and deployment of global-class High-Definition (HD) Voice Communications, Internet, Data, and Mobile Payments Services. More than 6,000 people work for Afghan Wireless, and our Company is directly responsible for the creation of 100,000 jobs throughout Afghanistan.
Candidate must know the installation of different outdoor units (ODU), and antenna systems and be responsible for the corrective and preventive maintenance of MW antenna system, radio frequency (RF cable), intermediate frequency (IF cable), grounding system, BSS equipment/antenna, and VSAT antenna including aviation light in his areas of responsibility.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the Installation of different MW antennas and antenna sizes.
- Assist BSS Team with GSM Antenna system installation (2G, 3G, 4G & S-Wifi).
- Responsible for the installation of different IF and RF cables.
- Assist the MW/BSS Engineer during MW/BSS equipment installation.
- Assist the VSAT team during the installation and commissioning of the antenna system.
- Assist the Power department with the installation of aviation light and grounding system.
- Responsible for preventive and corrective maintenance of the antenna system and different types of RF cables, IF cables, and different types of RF/IF connectors.
- Report to rigger supervisor and assistant MW Manager for all day-to-day work activities.
- Be able to travel to the job sites.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Willing to be assigned to any place around Afghanistan.
- Knows how to use Binocular, Compass, and GPS.
- Be able to climb the different heights of the Tower.
- Knows how to use a safety belt and harness.
- Knows how to use rigging proper tools and accessories.
- Knows how to properly splices different types of radio frequency (RF), intermediate frequency (IF) cables, and connectors.
- Knows how to install different sizes of grounding systems.
- Knows how to install different types and sizes of Antenna.
- Knows how to conduct antenna panning and alignment.
- Can assist MW/BSS/VSAT Engineer during different equipment installations.
- Knows how to use a multimeter and Earth tester.
- Knows how to install an Outdoor Unit (ODU).
- Knows how to apply weatherproofing and different waveguide sealants.
- Can install aviation and beacon light.
- Knows how to install antenna bracket, bus bar, and antenna mounting pole.
- Familiar with horizontal and vertical alignment adjusters.
- Knows how to install different types of couplers and different sizes of flexible waveguides.
- Familiar with different types and sizes of nuts & bolts used for MW antenna systems.
- Knows how to troubleshoot and test the intermediate frequency (IF) cable shorted or open and partially grounded.
- High school diploma, or equivalent, is the minimum education needed to work as Rigger.
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience in a similar field.
- The interested candidates should fill and submit the APPLICATION FORM with complete and correct information. To have access to the APPLICATION FORM, please copy and paste the link into your Web Browser.