- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Years of Experience Minimum 3 years work experience in monitoring, data management, MIS.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Mar 31, 2024
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference PRWN-02-2022
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor degree in social science, economics, statistics, business administration or other relevant fields
- close Date May 19, 2022
About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need. CARE, as an International Confederation of 13 member organizations is one of the world’s largest private humanitarian organizations working in more than 90 plus, countries committed to helping communities in the developing world achieve lasting victories over poverty.
- Summary of Key Functions
Function 1: Provide field visits to the project target areas in Parwan/Kapisa provinces for monitoring, verification and evaluating progress towards achieving the Building the Resilience Capacities of Vulnerable Communities to Respond to Economic and Diminished Livelihood Crisis (BREAD) Danida funded project – Prepare, Prevent and Respond to COVID 19: 40%
- Conduct regular field visit of activities and share information to the provincial and Kabul technical team & program quality (PQ) and team for improvement of activity implementation and provide feedback to the concerned project/field supervisor on overall activities;
- Provision of regular update and inputs in monitoring of project activities, to assess the project implementation at the provincial level with respect to the project outputs and indicators.
- Ensure proper M&R system is applied at the provincial level as per the donor requirement
- Ensure M&R system are created where needed, used and in place at the field level to provide required project related information with government, local stakeholders and other information users
- Ensure M&R tools are used to reflects project target for the Parwan/Kapisa provinces is on-track
- Data collection tools are used to provide accurate and timely information on project indicators and other information needs
Function 2: Undertake data management of the project and support project in periodic and progress report. 40%
- Report monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress on all data analysis of monitoring of project activities to the Field/Project supervisor & PQ department;
- Develop monitoring and data collection plan in consultation with MEL supervisor/Officer in PQ and project relevant team/ personnel and conduct monitoring visits to the project activities
- Collect project results data to feed in communication products with project stakeholders
- Assist in data entry in case of need & ensure effective data management for the project.
- Update and maintain data base and trackers effectively at the provincial level.
- Project reports are prepared and submitted as per donor and CARE requirements
- Make sure other donor M&E requirements are followed
- Analytical reports are prepared in timely manner to assist in decision making at all levels
- Data on results of the project collected and reflected regularly in tools such as reports, stories, photos…etc.
Function 3: Support PQ in capturing lessons learned, provision of M&R support to program and keeping project records. 20%
- Lead on M&R aspects of the BREAD project at the provincial level
- Oversee overall M&R issue of BREAD project and ensure the M&R requirement set by PQ Unit and project technical staff are met at the provincial level
- Create and maintain data filing system for the project
- Provide trainings to program teams on program activity monitoring and reporting;
- partner with PQ team in Lead/participate/plan/manage project assessments including baseline, end-line, Beneficiaries selection and need assessment related to the project.
- Generate lessons learned from the project and share with project team on the learning captured jointly capture learning for improvements
- Key relations
- Ensures coordination of M&R activities with the CARE, Provincial Manager, Project or Field Supervisor, MEL Officer at Kabul main Office, Project Manager and other relevant bodies in province and at Kabul level
- Collaborate with project/program team at field level, and other departments concerning M&R affairs.
- Duty Location
Station in Parwan/Kapisa sub office, has regular travel to the project areas.
- Teamwork and coordination:
- Concerned functions at the provincial level provided with required data and information on project progress/results
- Regular analysis of project progress conducted to help Provincial Manager and Project Supervisor to communicate with concerned stakeholders
- Assist in M&R related events with other projects and initiatives
As representative of PQ unit at the provincial level extend cooperation and coordination with all program and support functions
- Computer operation (MS Office package), knowledge and experience of data analyse, monitoring & evaluation, and report writing
- Bachelor degree in social science, economics, statistics, business administration or other relevant fields
- Minimum 3 years work experience in monitoring, data management, MIS.
- Fluency in spoken and written in Dari and Pashtu & English
Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) to Afg.Vacancies@care.org before the closing date, applications without Care Standard Job application form will be considered for shortlisting.
Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number and Location in the Subject Line (Monitoring & Reporting Officer PRWN-02-2022) otherwise your application will not be considered.
Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Security check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidate are highly encourage to apply.
CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)