- Salary Offer According to organization salary scale
- Experience At least 5 years
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 12 months
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference HIHAO 006/21
- Gender Male
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date October 19, 2021
- Education University / bachelor degree in relevant field.
About Hand in Hand Afghanistan:
Hand in Hand Afghanistan (HIHAO) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007. HIHAO is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together towards a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, improved livelihoods and jobs.
HIHAO and NOVE Onlus have signed a partnership agreement to implement an Emergency Project aimed to providing assistance to the most vulnerable people in Kabul. The project will:
- Widen the health services offered by AFGA Mobile Clinic, that are expected to reach a total of 39,600 vulnerable, marginalized, and underserved populations, especially young women, girls and children, in 6 pre identified districts in Kabul over the course of 12 months;
- Provide food assistance to women and families below the poverty;
- Distribute wood or coal to those who live in tents or houses without heating.
- The M&E Officer conducts monitoring of evaluation of NOVE’s emergency project by overseeing all activities, contributing to their timely and efficient implementation and ensuring the delivery of project’s results.
- The M&E Officer identifies issue/challenges, informing NOVE and providing possible solution to such obstacles. The M&E Officer will take part in facilitating NOVE in interacting with local authorities.
- The M&E Officer will also provide advice about the security issues and threats that might affect the project’s staff and beneficiaries.
- The M&E Officer is required to provide monthly, quarterly, and final report to HQ on outputs and progress towards anticipated results. The M&E Officer gathers and analyses quantitative and/or qualitative data.
- The M&E Officer acts as liaison focal point between NOVE and AFGA to facilitate cooperation between the organizations in the framework of the health component of the project, and between NOVE and other possible partners of the project
- The M&E Officer will contribute to the visibility of the Emergency Project by collecting digital material (photos and videos) as well as testimonies from the project’s beneficiaries to be provided to HIHAO and NOVE’s Head Office.
- Prepare weekly and monthly monitoring plan and share with his/her supervisor.
- Perform any other task as required.
- University / bachelor degree in relevant field.
- At least five years of experience working in M&E department.
- Proven knowledge and skills in development of M&E tools and qualitative and quantitative indicators.
- Good skills in report writing.
- Well organized, self-starter and able to work independently.
- Fluent in Dari/Pashto and English languages (Reading, Writing and Speaking), speaking and understanding of local languages will be an advantage.
- Great team working, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Able to deal with difficult situations, multiple deadline and work under pressure.
- Ability to travel to target areas / provinces/ districts
- Competency in using computer e.g: Word, Excel and Power Point, Outlook, Internet and database.
- Interested applicants should submit their application comprises of one page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position along with updated CV.
- The application should send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com, please note that, applications received after the closing date (October 19, 2021) will not be given in consideration. Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
- Note: Please clearly indicate the vacancy announcement number in subject line of your email.
Lobbying for a position in HIHAO, whether by the applicant or by any person acting on his or her behalf, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the candidate from further consideration.