- Experience 3 years
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 1 year
- Contract Type Short-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference VA-2021-31
- Gender Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date October 25, 2021
- Education Bachelor's Degree
Afghanaid is a British international NGO (www.afghanaid.org.uk) that has been working in Afghanistan since 1983. Headquartered in Kabul, Afghanaid implements projects directly in 8 provinces and through partners in a further number of provinces and maintains a marketing and fundraising office in London. Afghanaid works in some of the most remote areas of the country and through a range of programme interventions supports development of basic services, such as water and sanitation, access roads, education facilities and other community infrastructure; strengthens livelihoods through improved natural resource management, agricultural and small enterprise development, and improved access to markets; and provides humanitarian assistance in times of emergencies. Gender mainstreaming, local governance and community development are integrated into all of Afghanaid’s work. The results achieved have earned Afghanaid the respect and recognition of stakeholders as an effective and collaborative charity.
Take a leading role in the preparation of field reports, including data collection, analysis, presentation and knowledge management.
· With the technical advice of the M&E unit and the Project Coordinator prepare and regularly update monitoring formats, supported by user-friendly database systems, and train field staff in their use as required.
· Actively participate in designing questionnaires, facilitate and conduct baseline and other surveys, regular monitoring of field level activities and train field staff in field level monitoring methods at all stages of the implementation.
· Organise specific systematic ways of regularly collection key stakeholder (including beneficiary) feedback, report on this feedback and facilitate feedback being incorporated going forward.
· Coordinating the process for generating donor reports, involving the monthly collection of data from the field and the data compilation, tabulation, analysis and presentation of the collected data in prescribed formats and as advised by the MEL unit, Programme Development and Resource Mobilisation Department and the Project Manager.
· Inform Project Manager and liaise with field staff and the Head Office M&E Unit to ensure that required data and information is received in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
· Take a leading role in the design, modification and maintenance of the departmental databases to ensure that the data is relevant, current and easily accessible.
· Develop and maintain a proper beneficiary profile for the project and its separate activities.
· Entering routine monitoring and survey data, and regularly spot check the accuracy of data supplied and subsequently entered by others.
· Assist in the development of questionnaires, surveys and monitoring reports for use in the field and translate these in English, Dari, and Uzbek in the case of Samangan.
· Actively participate in teams formed to undertake surveys, studies, evaluations and impact assessments of project work and document learning from the processes used.
· Conduct regular visit to all villages in the targeted district to verify on the ground progress, train field staff in data collection and monitoring techniques and feedback any impressions and assessments to the line manager and relevant sectorial programme officers and specialists.
· Conduct independent research into various aspects of the main technical sectors in consultation with the line manager and draft reports for approval of the line manager and specialists prior to dissemination.
· Produce quarterly progress reports based on the annual work plan, with qualitative and evaluative inputs from the various sectors under the project.
· Produce or assist in the production of other internal documents, such as monthly field news and success stories as may be decided upon from time to time.
· Organise and facilitate experience sharing workshops for key project stakeholders.
· Perform any other duties as required by the line manager.
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline (statistics, social sciences, development studies or any other relevant subject), Master’s degree is desirable.
At least 3 years of professional experience in the area of monitoring and evaluation
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
· Demonstrated ability to design, prepare, and implement a monitoring plan.
· Proven strategic and operational management ability and interpersonal skills; team player; problem solving skills.
· Proven skills in data management, data preservation and other computer programs.
· Good English and Dari skills, as well as Uzbek in Samangan.
· Strong report writing and knowledge management skills.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
a. Proficiency in computer software including Accounting Packages, MS Office etc.
b. Advanced knowledge of internal controls and donor rules and regulations
c. Ability to deal with difficult, often challenging work situations.
d. Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members.
e. Competent to work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines.
f. A results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities in personal workload,
g. Creative and innovative in conceptual and analytical thinking
h. Sensitivity to gender issues.
i. Fluent in Dari, Pashto and English (written and oral).
j. Personal integrity, sense of humour, intuitive and self-motivation
k. Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses, active listener
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and your name in the subject line by 25th October 2021. Your covering letter should be no more than one standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.