- Salary Offer As per scale
- Address Kabul
- Years of Experience At least 2-3 years’ working experience in M&E.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One year - extendable
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference UA-147/AFV-H 17-2022/M&E
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Medical Doctor
- close Date September 30, 2022
About Union Aid:
Union Aid established in 1979 working for Afghan refugees in Pakistan and people in Afghanistan in different sectors such as health, education, livelihood, emergency relief, basic infrastructure with the support of UNHCR, WHO, WFP, AFV, GIZ, MI and several other donors.
Currently, Union Aid is implements various projects in health, livelihood, education, and rehabilitation of basic infrastructures, repatriation of IDPs, and emergency relief projects in different provinces of Afghanistan.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E Officer) will be providing support in monitoring and evaluating of projects in Kabul as well as other provinces. As a part of Union Aid Management, the incumbent will be responsible to monitor and evaluate UA projects and learning needs of the projects and will come up with findings based on real data to show performance of the project. The incumbent will also help organization for strengthening of M&E functions based on his experiences.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take a leading role in the preparation of field reports, including data collection, analysis, presentation and knowledge management.
- With the technical advice of Program Manager, prepare and regularly update monitoring formats, and train field staff in their use as required.
- Actively participate in designing questionnaires and facilitate and conduct baseline and other surveys, regular monitoring of field level activities and train field staff in field level monitoring methods at all stages like pre- during and post monitoring of the project activities.
- Supervise regular data collection and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations.
- Record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way.
- Analyse and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data.
- Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to project staff.
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to UNION AID standards.
- Participate actively in program planning process and budgeting of the Program Implementation.
- Develop project monitoring plan (PMP) of the projects in line with program/project team.
- Plan regular field visits form project activities in all target districts.
- Ensure quality of data collected by project staff.
- Provide feedback to senior staff and program teams on projects’ performance based on monitoring data findings.
- Produce quarterly progress reports based on the annual work plan, with qualitative and evaluative inputs from the various sectors under the project.
- Produce or assist in the production of other internal documents, such as monthly field news, success stories as may be decided upon from time to time.
- Perform any other related duties as required by the Line Manager
Medical Doctor graduated from reputable medical university. Knowledge and understanding of project monitoring and evaluation
- At least 2-3 years’ working experience in M&E.
- Understanding of the current M&E trends and especially M&E systems in development organizations.
Strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in communication, organizational, interpersonal relations, and reporting, demonstrated ability to design and prepare monitoring plan and its implementation.
Proven strategic and operational management ability and inter-personal skills; team player; problem solving skills
Proven skills in data management, data preservation and other computer programs.
Good English, Pashto and Dari skills
Strong report writing and knowledge management skills
Values and Attitudes:
A clear and firm commitment to human rights, equality, role and empowerment of local communities.
Competent to take initiatives, work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines
Committed and honest in her work, ability to monitor the work of others and report gaps and challenges
Detail oriented person
Responsible, flexible, adaptable, ability to multitask
- Please write the Job title/Vacancy Number on the subject line of your email.
- Application with CV should be received before closing date.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
- Equal opportunity will be provided to both male and female candidates.
- Qualified female and disabled candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED