- Salary Offer As per OHW salary skill
- Years of Experience Minimum 3 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation in National or international organizations
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 6 Months
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 541
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor degree in related field (master degree in related field will be prefer)
- close Date August 12, 2022
About Organization of Human Welfare (OHW):
The Organization of Human Welfare (OHW) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) and is non-political, not-for-profit, and impartial organization with no bias towards a particular religion, ethnicity, or political belief. It has its own independent legal status and entity. OHW is registered with the Ministry of Economy in Kabul, Afghanistan (Registration No: 1014) and is a member of South West Afghanistan and Baluchistan Agency for Coordination (SWABAC), the coordinating body for NGOs in southern Afghanistan. The Managing Director of OHW also formally represents SWABAC in coordination meetings at the national level.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator (M&E Officer) will be providing support in monitoring and evaluating ongoing projects in provincial centre and some key districts as mentioned above. The incumbent will be responsible for overall M&E and learning needs of the project and will come up with findings based on real data to show performance of the projects. M&E of the projects will be an assessment as well as support function hence the partner and programme teams will get support through M&E findings in enhancing flow of information and its management. The incumbent will play role in promoting of key learning for the improvement of the project and for wider leaning of the mission.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To supervise and collect regular data through team members during all activities and by himself during M&E visits and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations
• To record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way
• To analyse and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data
• Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the relevant Project Manager, Program Manager and Partners.
• Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to project monitoring and evaluation principles
• Support team in conducting baseline surveys and KAP surveys when needed.
• Support project team in developing the activity, monthly, annual and six monthly project reports.
• Support project team in dealing with any other tasks as may be required
• Develop project monitoring plan (PMP) of the projects and consulting with programme team and partners
• Coordinate with team members for collecting data against agreed indicators
• Engage with project team to collect and manage essential data
• Ensure quality of data collected by project team
• Provide feedback to project and programme teams on projects’ performance based on monitoring data findings
• Assist Manager in building capacity of the project team on Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
• Assist Manager in designing, coordinating and conducting project evaluations (mid-term and end-line)
• Assist Manager in designing and conducting Post Implementation Monitoring Survey (PIMS)
• Assist Manager in conducting Programme Data Review
Reporting and Documentation
• Assist Manager in developing quarterly, six-month and annual reports
• Develop and share field visit reports with relevant project staff
• Achieve Data and key reports
• Assist Manager during plan and budget monitoring
• Assist Manager in reviewing project plans during P&B process
• Ensure quality of data/ statistics in project plans
• Update the source of the data on regular basis
Learning and Sharing
• Share learning from M&E process with the wider team
• Support project team in improving learning and sharing mechanisms in their assignments
• Promote culture of learning in the organization
• Bachelor degree in related field (master degree in related field will be prefer)
• Knowledge and understanding of project monitoring and evaluation
• Understanding of the current M&E trends and especially M&E systems in national NGOs
• Minimum 3 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation in National or international organizations
• Experience in monitoring and evaluating humanitarian projects
• Knowledge of humanitarian/ livelihood challenges and opportunities
• Knowledge of Computer
• Knowledge of participatory research methods
• Knowledge of contextual diversity of various areas of Afghanistan
• Monitoring and evaluation techniques and processes
• Data collection and management
• Analytical and research skills
• Good command over report writing in English
• Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office
We only accept applications that come in via our recruiting platform so we made a point of designing a concise and user-friendly process. Please refrain from sending us your application via e-mail.
Our Recruitment Portal link is: https://ohw.org.af/jobs/
In order to get started, please submit your application by choosing the relevant vacancy and clicking the button “Apply”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.