- Salary Offer Based on DRC Salary Scale
- Years of Experience Minimum 4 years of relevant experience within the humanitarian field
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration End of Dec 2023 possibility of Extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference VA-KBL-18-23
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, humanitarian and/or development studies, sciences, humanitarian and/or development studies, Statistics, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, M&E or relevant field
- close Date October 3, 2023
About Danish Refugee Council:
WHO ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunities for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, honesty, and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
The overall purpose of the role:
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Accountability (MEAL) Officer leads the direct implementation of all MEAL processes and activities required to improve programme quality over the course of project implementation, to ensure and demonstrate a positive impact on beneficiaries’ lives. She plays a key role in ensuring that the learning system helping Programme teams to make iterative improvements to design and implementation is always functional and effective. With guidance from their supervisors at Country-level, the MEAL Officer has non-sector-specific, area-level responsibilities, i.e. He is responsible to conduct all field monitoring and evaluation activities and requirements for all projects and programmes present in their area of operation, through the application of an integrated Strategic and Operational MEAL Framework for 2021. This includes, among other responsibilities, tracking area-specific project activities and measuring progress against indicators in close collaboration with the Programme teams, carrying out all field data collection, monitoring exercises and evaluation plans as instructed by MEAL Team and MEAL TL, supporting data analysis and reporting efforts at area level, disseminating monitoring and evaluation findings with MEAL and Programme teams at country and area-level, and ensuring follow up and documentation of action taken. She will be responsible for the timely reporting on project results & indicators in programme locations as well as findings of monitoring missions, recommendations and action taken; Finally, he will also assist in strengthening DRC Afghanistan accountability mechanisms at area level in close collaboration with the Complaints Response Mechanism Officer by acting as CRM Area Focal Points.
Implementation of Project MEAL systems for all programmes in the respective area
- Implement MEAL Plan-compliant MEAL processes for the collection, analysis, and usage of data to measure progress against indicators and promote programmatic learning.
- Plan according to priorities set by the MEAL TL and MEAL Team, including dissemination of work plans and respondent lists in advance.
- Work in very close collaboration with Programme teams, following their work plan and adapting the MEAL work plan accordingly
- Conduct regular monitoring missions of all project activities present in respective areas, as per MEAL SOPs for each programme
- Conduct all post-monitoring and evaluation data collection as per plan / Scope of Work
- Prepare and share weekly activity reports with MEAL TL and MEAL Team
Data collection tools development and use
- Assist MEAL TL and MEAL Team in the development of relevant and quality data collection tools for quantitative and qualitative research, e.g. baseline /end-line surveys, needs assessment questionnaires, PDM tools, FGD and KII guides etc.
- Lead on translation of necessary documents such as data collection tools and databases
- Lead field testing of questionnaires and provide feedback to MEAL TL and MEAL Team after piloting phase.
- Conduct all field data collection, monitoring exercises and evaluation plans through mobile data collection and paper forms
Data management, analysis, and use
- Conduct systematic data quality checks and cleaning procedures before uploading any quantitative data to the online server
- Ensure consistent and accurate transfer/upload of data from tablets to servers.
- Ensure transparent, accurate and timely entry of data into databases as instructed by MEAL TL and MEAL Team, if paper forms used
- Assist MEAL TL in basic quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Closely coordinate with relevant programme staff to ensure project-relevant information is shared and used to properly track the progress of projects in the appropriate tracker at area- and project-level.
- Feed the Programme teams, MEAL TL and MEAL Team with successes observed and challenges encountered in the field, lessons learned and recommendations on best practices to implement in the future in a Monitoring Follow Up report after each monitoring mission
- Collaborate with Programme teams at area level to ensure actions are taken based on MEAL findings and recommendations, and document such actions in a Process Monitoring Tracker
- Enter questionnaire in Kobo
- Create short memos on quantitative datasets and qualitative transcripts
- Writing of field visit monitoring report after each field visit
- Awareness session of accountability to the beneficiaries
- Collect feedback from the beneficiary
- Closely coordinate with the MEAL TL to ensure relevant programme teams properly implement accountability measures as per DRC standards and in line with the Core Humanitarian Standards
- Follow-up complaints or feedback at the field level
- Act as Complaints Response Mechanism Area Focal Point, including reception and registration of complaints into CRM Database
- As per given task of MEAL TL prepare of Area-level CRM database for consolidation on a weekly basis
Technical management and capacity-building
- Assist in training programme staff and external enumerators on data collection methods, tools, and techniques as appropriate whenever involved in data collection.
- Assist in other tasks as required by the MEAL TL and MEAL Team, including extensive support to all programmes/sectors and other areas whenever deemed necessary
- Contract length: till 31st of December 2023 with the possibility of extension.
- Band: NMH
- Designation of Duty Station: Area Office, Kabul
- DRC has Flexible working hours for Females staff as per DRC Policy.
- 13th month’s salary Will be paid by the end of each month with salary.
- Top-up credit card as per office regulations.
- 1+1 Health Insurance will be provided by DRC.
- Eid Bonus.
- DRC provide Transport allowance/ Transportation Facilities for female and people with disability.
- DRC Provides kindergarten/ Day Care allowance for max 2 children – Applicable to female mothers.
- Per diem allowance for employee and her Mahram – Applicable for female
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the DRC salary scale.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience within the humanitarian field
- Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience in mobile data collection tools and using Kobo
- Capacity to think critically and analyse quantitative and qualitative data
- Capacity to produce coherent and good quality reports
- Good level of proficiency in Word, PPT and Windows Excel
- Excellent inter-personal, communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work with people from various groups and background.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to specific needs of most vulnerable populations
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to meet deadlines and high degree of autonomy in his / her work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, humanitarian and/or development studies, sciences, humanitarian and/or development studies, Statistics, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, M&E or relevant field
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in both Dari and Pashto
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking the Apply link:
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV-only applications will not be considered.
Note: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Female applicants can also apply by sending a cover letter and a CV to: email@example.com Please make sure to write the title of the position and Vacancy number in the subject of your email when you apply through email.