- Salary Offer As per NRC Salary Scale
- Address kandahar
- Years of Experience 4- 5 years’ experience in a similar role/position in an INGO or humanitarian agency.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration till 31-December-2022 Extendable
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference VA-2022-0378
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor degree in social science, Master degree is preferred
- close Date October 4, 2022
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools.
- Participate in Program design s, including theory of change, macro log frame, proposals, log frames and budgeting for M&E.
- Support Program staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of data in Program development, adjustment or review.
- Contribute to organizational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Capacity building and training of Program and M&E support staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas.
- Supervise and mentor M&E support staff in executing M&E plans.
- Collaboration with Program staff to identify and plan for M&E needs.
- Ensure NRC mandatory indications in project proposals
- Ensure M&E matrix development and communication
- Responsible for outcome monitoring including data entry in GORS
- Responsible to set up a functional CFM and supervise its application during program implementation
- Needs Assessments: Support design and provide technical support to program staff for needs assessments.
Generic professional competencies:
- Bachelor degree in social science, Master degree is preferred
- At least 5 years relevant experience with in an international organizations, NGOs and implementing partners
- Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis capacity;
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making;
- Experience in facilitating the capacity building efforts of diverse colleagues, including local partners;
- Ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods;
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing) and fluency in local languages (Pashto and Dari)
- High analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong coordination and team working skills;
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential;
- Knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector is a plus
- Proven presentation, training and facilitation skills
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Eid Bonus once per year.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
For applying and more information, please copy below link and paste in the web address.
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the system, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV won’t be enough.