- Salary Offer As per NRC Salary Scale
- Address Qalat
- Years of Experience 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role/position in an INGO or humanitarian agency.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration till 31-December-2022 Extendable
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference VA-2022-0314
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor degree
- close Date August 17, 2022
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
he Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant position is daily implementation of the monitoring and evaluation activities across the projects, while travelling hard to reach areas in various districts in Zabul. S/He will be responsible for the data collection, Post Distribution Monitoring, analysis and report writing of the monitoring sessions of the projects in the meanwhile creating and digitalization of data collection tools whenever required.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation of programme chores in Zabul.
- Participate in log frame design during project proposal process to support on indicator formulation
- Support and contribute to the development of a data management system through documentation, implementation and coordination of standardized information flow of Monitoring and Evaluation activities and reporting
- Support in standardizing monitoring and evaluation across projects
- Support in developing data collection methodology and tools and in actual data collection, as required
- Support in data management and development of clear information flow between programme and monitoring and evaluation staff, as required
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses
- Report monitoring data in a timely manner to relevant programme and managerial staff
- Capacity building and training of programme staff on monitoring and evaluation technical and conceptual aspects, as required
- Support in digitalization of the forms required in monitoring evaluation and core competencies
- Support in the Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism cases received, followed up and documented
- Maintain Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism database updated on a daily basis
- Perform other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- 2-3 Years’ work experience as M&E in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Minimum of a university degree in social science, economics or in other related fields. Prior experience with monitoring and evaluation is required
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Able to travel hard to reach areas in different districts of Zabul.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
Qualifications for Internal Candidates
- Experience with field level coordination with UN organisations, INGOs, Donors and authorities
- Experience from working in IDP /refugee related programmes
- Experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and informal methods
- Fluency in Pashto
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of digital data collection platforms (KoBo, CommCare, Ona)
- Knowledge of designing form on KoBo platform.
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- Smart Phone with Top up Credit card with internet package on monthly basis.
- NRC will cover staff plus four (4) depended for medical insurance.
- One time Eid Bonus per year
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law.
For applying and more information, please copy below link and paste in the web address.
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the system, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV won’t be enough.