- Salary Offer As Per WVA Salary Scale
- Years of Experience At least 6 years’ context experience working in Afghanistan with programming areas- Herat, Badghis, Ghor and Faryab or within Afghanistan.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 1 year- with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference R24641
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelors in Humanities, Science, Economics or Business studies, Public Health, Development Studies, Statistics. Post graduate certifications/ qualifications in M&E are an added advantage
- close Date October 10, 2023
About World Vision International:
World Vision International (WVI) began emergency relief operations in Afghanistan in 2001 by addressing the urgent needs of children and families affected by natural disasters and decades of conflict. More than a decade later, World Vision Afghanistan’s (WVA) programs have expanded to development sectors such as health, nutrition, WASH, child protection, and education, empowering women to engage in civil and social change through interfaith partnership.
WVA targets the most vulnerable in its interventions; including children, women, Internally Displace Persons (IDPs), and returnee refugees, as well as the most impoverished and marginalized families. These priorities have been chosen to contribute to our Goal of: “Improved survival and well-being of Afghan girls and boys, building the foundations for a better future for Afghan children and their communities.”
Our work is well established in Herat, Badghis, Ghor, and Faryab provinces in the western region of Afghanistan. We work closely with all levels of society including children, parents, teachers, village councils, religious leaders, ministries, provincial departments, and other national and international agencies.
This is a full-time position based in HERAT, Afghanistan. The position will be part of the FCDO funded Project Management Unit (PMU) with overall mandate to coordinate the consortium monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning processes and activities across all the consortium partners. The central deliverables of this role include among others: provide continuous capacity building and leadership to partners to achieve coherence of consortium MEAL processes, cascade data reporting tools and synthesize information demonstrating Consortium achievements, promote continuous learning and adaptations using information. The Project MEAL Coordinator directly reports to the Project Director with matrix to the MEAL Manager and s/he supervises FCDO Project MEAL Officers to achieve timely and quality MEAL products as per the donor agreements. This position requires an understanding and compliance to FCDO World Vision partnership program quality Standards, design, monitoring, and evaluation (DME) processes, internal business processes, risk and compliance and safeguarding minimum standards.
Monitoring and Evaluation,
- Lead/ Coordinate/ Ensure that project monitoring and evaluation activities are conducted on time- these include assessments (surveys), baselines, routine monitoring, and end lines/ evaluations
- Collaborate consortium monitoring, evaluation and accountability learning systems ensuring synchronization with existing cluster, state FCDO and internal partner MEAL requirements
- Coordinate with consortium partner MEAL leads and officers to maintain updated log frames, M&E plans and indicator tracking tables with relevant age and gender disaggregation’s.
- Oversee implementation of consistent and coherent data collection across the consortium using standardised approaches, tools, and reporting templates consistent with the donor results reporting requirements and humanitarian industry standards such as the Core Humanitarian Standards
- Provide support and technical expertise for the Operations/Programme Unit during the project design phase to ensure log frames, budgets and M&E resources and other project documentation are in place in accordance with donors and WV DME formats and standards.
- Track consortium s progress, against the results matrix and theory of change and share progress reports with the PMU.
- Review data collected/submitted by consortium partners and ensure the data meets acceptable quality reflecting the levels of activity implementation.
- Ensure that data collected reflects impact, and provides complementing evidence through change/ impact stories in collaboration with communications
- Achieve inclusive MEAL processes ensuring representative samples/ participation of all categories of groups of participants including persons living with disability
Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP)
- Collaborate with partners AAP leads to integrate Consortium AAP into existing platforms
- Lead routine (refresher) trainings with implementing staff/partners
- Conduct periodic satisfaction surveys, analyse, and present results to the PMU and consortium members.
- Achieve participation of all groups and gender in project monitoring and evaluation processes cognizant of differences in needs and social status.
- Achieve functional feedback and complaints response mechanisms accessible by all groups and gender.
- Organise learning events with partners and community stakeholders
- Analyse periodic monitoring reports and produce general thematic based recommendations for the consortium and specific
- Lead/ Coordinate research in collaboration strategic partners and institutions.
Reporting and Administration
- Consolidate consortium partner periodic reports as per the approved M&E plan cycles- and use the reports to generate consolidated monthly, Quarterly, semi and annual reports
- Review monthly, semi and annual project progress reports to ensure quality, minimize double counting and completion of progress metrics for program outcomes and outputs
- Ensure the consortium data meets the minimum data quality and disaggregation reporting standards- age, gender, disability, location.
- Organize data review/ validation forums with stakeholders/ partners.
- Responsible for budget management of MEAL activities complying with under and over-expenditure thresholds.
- Perform other departmental duties as delegated by Project Director.
ICT4D and Knowledge Management
- Support partners to use existing industry acceptable technologies such as mobile data collection, GIS, on-line aggregation platforms, and digitised AAP to achieve efficient and effective data collection.
- Operationalize Consortium and PMU Dashboards tracking real-time status of partner’s implementation and reach
- Ensure electronic project final reports are uploaded/ saved/filed on BOX-BE, Horizon Reimaged, TEAMS or adopted platform
- Orient partners and staff to MEAL officers on different consortium MEAL tools, approaches and expected deliverables
- Identify training needs and opportunities based on staff capacity building needs and officers and liaise with P&C to achieve training objectives
- Organize and facilitate trainings on the consortium M&E system and tools for capacity development of Zone M&E Coordinators, WV program staff and implementing partners
- Collaborate with the lead in recruiting M&E officers for projects and managing external M&E technical assistance in zone as is beneficial/needed
Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of Afghanistan interventions.
Required Professional Experience
- At least 6 years’ context experience working in Afghanistan with programming areas- Herat, Badghis, Ghor and Faryab or within Afghanistan.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelors in Humanities, Science, Economics or Business studies, Public Health, Development Studies, Statistics. Post graduate certifications/ qualifications in M&E are an added advantage
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- A minimum of 4 years multi-sectoral MEAL experience in sectors of: Water and sanitation hygiene, protection, health and nutrition, Protection and food and livelihoods security including Cash and Voucher programming
- Written and oral English skills. (Ability to express ideas clearly and effectively, both in spoken and written English) and previous experience in reporting for key donors- FCDO, EU, BHA, or UN agencies
- Understanding of external engagements with partners, the humanitarian architecture, and major donor agencies MEAL requirements
- Experience with diverse M&E systems designs, consolidation of different back-end data points and major donors integrating physical and remote community engagement approaches
- Exceptional understanding of business office software and applications- MS Office, Outlook, Skype, TEAMS, Zoom
- Data analytics using packages such as SPSS, Excel, GIS etc.
- Demonstrated experience in developing assessment tools (e.g., questionnaires, focus group discussions), data collection methods and analysis.
- Hands-on experience using mobile data collection platforms- from questionnaire design and coding, field-level testing, data collection, upload and analysis using KOBO collect, ODK, SMAP, ONA etc.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, gender and social inclusion, flexible world view, emotional maturity, and resilience.
- A self-starter who can work independently under pressure and manage work tasks without direct supervision.
- Experience working with partners and ability to maintain performance expectations and healthy social interactions in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Experiencing rolling out Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP)
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity, and physical stamina.
- Fluency in English and local languages.
- MEAL trainings- SPHERE, Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS), Data analytics
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Accessibility to the below mentioned areas/locations is required:
- Herat, Badghis, Ghor and Faryab
To be able to travel to remote districts and areas of Herat, Badghis, Ghor and Faryab
- Fluency in English, Dari and/or Pashto, both written and spoken
The application closing date is 03-Oct-2023. Qualified applicants can apply for the position by filling in the online application form in WV Career portal. applicants can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to WV online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser.